𝐫𝐞𝐮𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐝

ONE
"I'm so pathetic."

Khadeja was currently racing around her house looking for her surfboard

Khadeja was currently racing around her house looking for her surfboard. "Have any of you seen my board? I'm trying not to be late, and it's not where I left it." She yelled, but got no response. She sighed and looked around before walking to her sister's room.

When she opened the door, she noticed her sister applying makeup. "Imani, I know you heard me. Do you know where my board is?" Deja asked as she entered the room.

"It's in the corner." She replied, pointing over to the surfboard.

"Did you use my surfboard as an ironing board again?" Deja remarked, raising her arms. "I told you to stop doing that."

"I'm sorry." I couldn't find the iron board, and your surfboard was right there." She apologized, turning her head to Deja.

Deja walked up to the corner where her surfboard was and grabbed it. "Just, please, don't do it again."

"Deja I'll be absolutely honest with you. I can't promise that. Seeing you mad is too funny." Imani responded as she burst out laughing, causing Deja to huff and rush out of her room. "Good luck today, kid." Imani screamed.

"You're not off the hook. Sleep with one eye open." Deja shouted back, slamming the door shut behind her.

𓇼 🌊 🐚

Khadeja arrived at the competition with only a few minutes to spare. She had to hurry to put on her wetsuit and get to the beach in time to meet up with Poppy and Bodhi. She was out of breath by the time she got there.

"Khadeja, we were looking for you, where were you?" Bodhi asked.

"I was..." Deja knelt down and rested her hands on her knees, trying to regain her breath. She motioned with her finger for them to wait a minute. She moved herself back up after catching her breath. "I was at home looking for my board. Imani used it as an ironing board again." She elaborated. "Anyway, that's irrelevant. "Did I miss anything?"

"Ari just got done surfing." Poppy informed her.

Deja's face grew confused as she shifted her gaze between Poppy and Bodhi. She was the only one who didn't quit talking to Ari after he got injured and couldn't surf, and she was confused as to why he hadn't told her. "Oh. He did?"

"Yeah, and he did quite well, too." Bodhi added, nodding.

Khadeja looked off into the distance before speaking again. "Well, I'm going to stretch before they call me." She returned her attention to them.