C H A P T E R T W O

AJ invited me over and by that I mean I went home, changed into some comfy clothes, grabbed a bottle of wine from the shelf next to the fridge, took the keys off the hook, pulled the door shut, and went downstairs.We live in a house but in different apartments.

That's heaven!
When AJ told me she was moving a day later, the neighbors asked me if I knew someone who needed an apartment.
Well, sometimes that is how life goes, and that is beautiful.
I put the key in the hole and turned it to the right with a clack sound the door opens.
I hear water running.
"I'm here," I scream towards the bathroom.
"I heard you. Make me food, I'm hungry," she screams back.
Heading to the kitchen, I open the bottle of wine. Take two glasses from the cupboard next to the big, black fridge and pour the liquid red velvet into the glasses.
I take a sip. Aaah.. This burns. 
But it's a good burn.
I open the fridge and take the Parmesan, bacon, and eggs out. Getting on my knees, I pull the drawer open and take the pot and the lid. I fill the pot with water, place the lid, and press the button so the stove goes on and the water starts to boil.
I take a sip of my wine while going over to the couch.
AJ wanted to eat spaghetti carbonara for days now but we were both busy, we just talked over the phone the past few days. So I decided today, we're having a carbonara,happy wife, happy life, or however the saying goes. I laugh at my own joke. Of course you do, you're, hilarious, I hear myself say.
I sit on the couch and take a look at my phone.
I open Instagram, and the first thing that pops up is him.
Of course, it's him.
I mean, that's how the algorithm works, right? You're looking for something, you're talking about something, and next thing you know, boom, it's all over social media, and you get advertisements all day and night.
I play the first Reel. A song is playing, but all I hear is heavy breathing, is this me?
My eyes are locked on the screen. There he is. A fan edit with a song that is giving me goosebumps. It's not the song, girl, it's him. Okay, well, maybe it's him.
He's all sweaty, his pants are on his lower waist, and his stomach is showing as he does an unholy body roll. Sure, it's slowed down, and it looks hot as hell, and his movements are incredibly and I wonder what it would feel like if-
"What are you looking at?" AJ's voice interrupts my thoughts, and suddenly, I realize my legs are once again pressed together as they're about to crack coconuts.
"Nothing, just scrolling." She raises her eyebrows and gives me the seriously look.
"Your face is red, your pupils are dilated, you look fucking horny!"
"I'm not horny I'm getting drunk!" I take the wine from the round black table, raise it in the air, and take a long sip. She rolls her eyes and goes to the kitchen.
"Water is boiling, I'm going to put salt and the noodles in although I'm sure you're thinking about a specific noodle right now," there it is, the devilish smile on her face I couldn't see earlier. While the noodles are cooking I prepare the sauce. We eat. Drink. Make some inappropriate jokes and then head over to the couch.