55 ✥ 𝙿𝚊𝚝𝚛𝚘𝚗𝚞𝚜

En başından başla

"Try to get out of the Muggle world sometimes and don't forget that we're learning magic here," Harry echoed Dumbledore's words earlier.

"Shut up, you copycat," Crystal scoffed.

"You were sick just a few moments ago," Harry pointed out.

"I still feel like vomit—"

"Urgh, don't, Crys, not in here—" Harry's voice held a note of panic.

"—but how can someone stay sick while holding this beauty—you know, if we could get the blueprints, it'd revolutionize science—" It was one of those moments when Crystal could ramble for hours without taking breaks or—

—or breaths, Harry thought.

"This is so damn amazing—"

Yep, she is totally worshipping it. Harry confirmed in his mind.

“Shh! Not now, Crysie! Listen! Someone’s coming! I think — I think it might be us, Harry!”

Hermione had her ear pressed against the cupboard door.

“Footsteps across the hall. . . yes, I think it’s us going down to Hagrid’s!”

“Are you telling me,” Harry whispered, “that we’re here in this cupboard and we’re out there too?”

“Yes,” said Hermione, her ear still glued to the cupboard door. “I’m sure it’s us. It doesn’t sound like more than three people. . . and we’re walking slowly because you guys were under the Invisibility Cloak —”

She broke off, still listening intently.

“We’ve gone down the front steps. . . ”

Hermione sat down on an upturned bucket, looking desperately anxious, but Harry and Crystal wanted a few questions answered.

“Where did you get that hourglass thingy?” Harry inquired, his eyes fixed on the intriguing object in Hermione's hands.

"Give it some respect, Harry! It's a time machine!" Crystal huffed, her cheeks puffed up a little.

Harry was certain that Crystal would never be as fascinated by anything else in her life as she was by this "hourglass thingy" which was basically a "time machine".

Her eyes sparkled with childlike wonder, akin to a five-year-old gazing at colourful candies in a sweet shop. He remembered that she looked at Ron's flying car the same way. Harry found it endearing and had an overwhelming urge to envelop her in a bear hug, but he refrained.

"Okay, Miss Crispy, are you worshipping it now?" Harry chuckled and booped her nose, but her attention remained fixated on the time-turner. She did swat his hand away like a fly.

Hermione, feeling like an outsider in the midst of their playful exchange, observed the undeniable connection between Crystal and Harry. Whenever they were together, they seemed complete, as if they were enough for each other and needed no one else in the world.

“Well, It’s actually called Time-Turner—” Hermione whispered as she explained how she got the time Turner, “— How did you know, Crysie?"

"Er, long story short, I just saw you sorta disappearing?" said Crystal awkwardly.

"Then, why didn't you ask me?" Hermione was puzzled.

"You were obviously keeping silent and could have easily made some excuse even if I asked you," Crystal simply said. "I also kinda forgot about it because Theo and I had a little adventure right after that so—"

"Theo? Nott again?" Harry's tone carried a hint of distaste. "You're spending time with that guy?"

Crystal shrugged, her expression nonchalant. "Sometimes, yeah, we chat."