I Always Knew

" I know you hate me but isn't this a little bit excessive?" He smirks following me down the empty hallway.

" Shove off Riddle!" I snap. He knows exactly what he's doing.

" Don't be like that Y/n" he says slowly falling into stride beside me. " Tell me what's wrong"

" You?" I scoff. " You want me to tell you?" I cross my arms and stop moving.

" Yes. Tell me what's going on" he sighs shoving his hands into his pockets and looking at the ceiling. " I know we don't exactly get along but you've just been so harsh lately. Is something up?" He asks softly.

" Why are you being nice?" I snap taking a step away from him. " What do you want from me?"

" Geez I'm just trying to help" he says throwing his hands in the air defensively

" Sorry for being confused that the boy who hates me is trying to help" I say sarcastically rolling my eyes in pain, and in hurt.

" Hate you? I don't hate you" he says eyes growing wide. " But it see,s an awful lot like you hate me these days"

How am I supposed to tell him? My sworn enemy for six years that I've fallen in love. I'm in love with every word that's comes out of his mouth and I've memorized the way his face moves as he speaks. I think of him all the time, even in the summer when I'm grateful for the break I long for him. The way when he reaches out to touch my arm I feel like a thousand fireworks are going off. And his eyes, his hair, his shoulders, his smile.

" Hello? Earth to Y/n?" He asks waving a hand in front of my face.

" I-I just can't be around you right now Mattheo" I sigh pinching the bridge of my nose.

" Why?" He asks confused as I begin continuing my walk down the hallway.

I don't answer him as I make my way to my dorm room and slam the door.

I stay awake all night thinking of him. My instinct was to stay away from him. He's causing feelings to arise that I didn't even know I was capable of and I hate it. I hate that the person I'm supposed to hate, my sworn enemy, son of the most dangerous wizard in the world is who my idiotic heart has decided to claim.

I toss and turn for hours and try to think of anything but him. But I can't. Maybe I should just tell him. Rip off the bandage and let him laugh in my face and then it will be over. Of course he'll tease me for weeks I'm sure if it, but at least I can move on.

It's late and I'm tired but I know I will have lost all courage by the morning.

I make my way down to the boys dormitories and knock gently on the door I'm hoping is Mattheo.

Sure enough I'm greeted by none other than him. He looks extra good tonight. His hair is hanging messy and he rubs the sleep from his eyes.

" Y/n?" He asks his voice deep and raspy with sleep.

" I-I'm sorry for waking you" I say quickly looking at the ground.

" Don't worry about it" he says leaning against the frame.

" AndImsorryforbeingabitchtoyouearlier" I say in one breath.

"What?" He asks furrowing his eyebrows together.

" I said I'm sorry for acting like such a bitch earlier" I say tapping my feet nervously rocking side to side.

" It's fine Y/n honestly. I don't know what's up, but you'll just tell me when your ready" he says.

A trait I love so much about him. He may hate me but he at least cares a little.

" Im ready now" I say finally looking up to meet his surprised gaze.