Chapter 35_ Special Skeletons (3)

Start from the beginning

The spectating Lexus had an even more pitiful face.

'It's this bad? I already expected this but I really want it to fight pretty....cleverly?'

Lexus didn't expect the skeleton to fight well from the beginning. He felt he could always utilize its learning ability. But he still had certain expectations.

At that moment, Lexus took out a pebble from the ground and lightly threw the small stone to his left hand. As soon as his left hand grabbed the stone, the wolf leaped at him from a distance of about 5 meters.

Its mouth was wide open, showing its sharp fangs, as it planned to bite down on the human's neck. Most people would shudder at the sight and become unable to move.

But who was Lexus?

He was a legend and had reached the apex in terms of battle sense and battle ability as the Sword Saint who keeps overwhelming opponents that is several times more stronger than him. Lexus didn't even move his feet. He only slightly turned his upper body, so that the wolf would just barely fly by its left side and as the wolf was flying past Lexus' left side as he had planned.

Puuk!

Lexus flicked the peeble with his finger in his left hand into the wolf's left eye.

[Your have dealt 800 damage to the target.]

Wimper!

The wolf rolled on the ground without landing properly. The ability to move as little as possible to dodge an attack and using the opponent's power to deal a deep wound. It would cause average players to yell in amazement and skill, and veterans to feel chills down their backs.

'Hmph.'

Of course, to Lexus, it was an effortless work. To him, such a thing was neither a battle nor a hunt. Who would call crushing an ant with his finger a hunt or a battle?

At that moment, Lexus resummoned the destroyed skeleton and managed to pick itself up from the ground began charging towards the wolf.

"Eh?"

Lexus was slightly taken aback, but the skeleton paid no heed to its master's reaction and continued running towards the wolf. The wolf grabbed a hold of its body and threw itself towards the Skeleton with the a stone still stuck in its left eye.

Crash!

They crashed once again.

As expected, the Skeleton was once again sent flying. Watching this happen, Lexus knit his brows again. The wolf then stared at Lexus, but instead of charging towards him, it began to circle around him with caution. It was the result of the learning ability. It had learned not to mindlessly charge at Lexus after witnessing a very small portion of his battle prowess.

Lexus ignored the wolf. Even his super sensitivity was not sensing any danger at all. There was just a big difference between the wolf and Lexus. Instead, he yelled at the Skeleton who was resummoned and just stood up.

"If you get hit, don't just stand there! Move! Be wary and continue dodging!"

The Skeleton gave no reply; instead, it just stared blankly at him. Lexus didn't really mind. All he wanted was for it to dodge the wolf's attacks. Defend first, attack second will not work. The skeleton is so fragile that the wolf didn't have to try hard in destroying it.

Then?

'Dodge first, attack second is the answer.'

The best way was to evade the first attack. Dodge instead of being hit. Dodging was also a way of defense, but it was totally different from blocking.

The wolf swung its sharp claws at the Skeleton that had stood back up after it was summoned again. It was the same attack route as the previous time, and but this time, the skeleton dodged the wolf by tilting its head to the side. The wolf then followed up by swinging its tail. The skeleton bent down, increasing its evasion radius and successfully avoiding the wolf's attack.

Whish!

The wolf immediately swiped its fangs at its ankle, but the skeleton barely avoided it by lifting its foot. However, as soon as the's legs came back around, it immediately pounced towards the skeleton in a huge motion.

Whish!

The skeleton bent its body back, avoiding the wolf's desperate attack.

Then.

Thud!

It fell to the ground. Because it bent back too far, it had lost its balance. Watching this, Lexus' let out a slight smile.

'Not bad.'

It was absorbing everything. The skeleton had a surprising advantage as well. Because it was only bones, its joints had much better maneuverability. Even if its joints got dislocated, it could easily restore itself.

It had all the right conditions for evading well. It just had to use its head and utilize its advantages.

「 Interesting. This kid has a very good strength to agility ratio. Therefore, his movements are agile and his attacks are sharp, but his intelligence is too low. He doesn't know how to correctly take advantage of his physical ability. 」

Madra's voice entered in his mind. He praised the skeleton despite the shabby and lacking performance.

「The only thing that is concerning is he's just like a child. He doesn't know how to fight at all.」

Madra commented but his tone doesn't have any disappointment in it. It was a problem that could be fixed easily. The growth, adaptability and learning abilities of the skeleton is way more higher than normal undead summons.

Looking at the skeleton number one that Madra was referring, Lexus swiftly beheaded the wolf with his sword then approached the skeleton and gently patted the skull as he spoke.

"Since you're going to take the path of a swordsman and a knight, I'll call you Igris." 

[Will you set the name as 'Igris'?]