Chapter 35_ Special Skeletons (3)

Start from the beginning

The necromancer's basic skills included 'Summon Skeleton' and 'Skeleton Enhancement,' and their unique stat was 'Domination.' The higher the level of the skills and this stat, the stronger the skeletons that the necromancer summoned. It meant that necromancers didn't need to raise skeletons directly from level 1. 

The name indicated that the skeletons could grow. They were likely to develop into very high level skeletons. But they were still skeletons. Slow, dull, and weak. The default stats were very trash compared to a level 1 player.

The skeletons gained five stat points every time they leveled up. Unlike ordinary undead, they could grow, wear equipment items, and had high learning abilities. However, they had the limitations of a skeleton. The skeletons were so fragile that they would blow away with the wind or can be smashed without resistance with just a twig.

However for Lexus, it wasn't much of a problem as long as their evasion rate was high. Would they be destroyed if no attack hit them?

'What's important is this guys' Combat AI.'

According to the information he gathered from the books that he had bought from the players, the Combat AI of player-summoned monsters wasn't all that good. Instead, the monsters have the ability to learn. They can improve through numerous battles, developing their own Combat AI. It made sense. If a skeleton a level 1 player summoned had the same battle sense as a level 300 ranker, everyone would be playing necromancer.

'Well it doesn't really matter. I'll cover the rest.'

[You are favored by darkness and death. Raising the stats of undead familiars will be enhanced by 20%.]

Seeing the sudden system message, Lexus was very thankful that he can accelerate the growth and strengthen the skeletons.

"Mumud."

Wanting to test out the skeleton's default abilities, Lexus requested Mumud who immediately materialized from the black chains in his wrist to catch a monster nearby and restrain it to the point that the skeleton could fight it.

Following Lexus' request to him, Mumud handled it with swiftness. The monster he caught was a wolf. Its golden pupil and black body could be seen under the torchlights.

"Well Mumud, you don't have to do anything from here on out. Skeleton one, I choose you."

Lexus pointed out a skeleton. Handing it a cheap beginner sword as it currently couldn't equip weapons of a higher caliber. "Kill it."

Following Lexus' command, the skeleton immediately began to run towards the wolf holding a sword above its head like a club.

Growl! 

The wolf showed no intention of dodging the Skeleton charging towards it. With a rough growl, the wolf began to run with its four legs. The rattling of the skeleton and the pattering of the wolf formed a harmony in the air, and with this sound, the distance between them shortened.

Watching this scene, Lexus' face became stiff.

'Don't tell me it's just going to run into him like that. No matter how bad it's intelligence is, it can't be that…'

Before he could even finish his thought,

Crash!

A dull sound rang out.

The wolf and the skeleton crashed into each other. Although the skeleton swung the beginner sword at the wolf before they crashed, the wolf managed to slam the skeletal body before the sword even reached its fur. After being slammed by the wolf, the skeleton's body bent like a bow and got catapulted into the air. After a short flight, it rolled on the ground seemingly out of strength, making it look pitiful and was immediately destroyed.