Chapter Four

"So, you're really not going to tell me why you showed up so late last night?" Hilary questions as she stands in front of the stove, tying her apron into place. "You're literally never late to anything."

"I already told you that the restaurant was really packed and took forever to actually cook our order." I explain, staring at my reflection in the mirror, trying to figure out how to style my hair. "How many more times do I have to tell you that?"

"Until it makes sense." Hilary sasses me, snapping her fingers. "Hm. I'll leave it alone. For now. But did anything interesting happen yesterday that you want to share with me? I forgot to ask because we were too deep into binge watching Insecure, I just had to figure out if Nathan finds out that Issa cheated on him."

"Yeah, now watching the show I don't see why they the internet was going so hard on Nathan when Issa the one who cheated." I stated, granted he wasn't doing anything and let her take care of all the bills and didn't even remember their anniversary and her birthday.

"I don't understand that either. We gotta binge watch the next season this weekend." Hilary says. "But anyway, did anything juicy happen? Did y'all time together end with the two of you gyrating against each other with y'all tongues down each other throats?"

"Aren't you glad you stayed for a while?" Will leans in, his lips slightly touching the shell of my ear, his warm breath against my ear.

Turning around to face him, his eyes lock onto mine the second I look up at him, I set my arms around his shoulder. "Yeah." I doubt he can even hear me due to how light my voice is. "I am."

He closes the small gape between us by pulling my hips against his, which cause me to adjust my arms around his neck. He leans down to speak into my ear and says, "I am too."

As Summer Walker's sultry voice fills the air, our bodies press tightly against each other, it felt like we are moving in a perfect harmony to the seductive rhythm of the music. The music guide our every sway and step, his breath tickles my ear and his closeness sent tingles across my skin. He pulls back and his eyes lock into mine once again, it felt like nothing could get between us.

Expect my phone notification sound going. "That's either DoorDash telling me that my order is ready or Hilary wondering how long I'm going until I get there."

"Guess it's time for you to leave then."

"I guess so." Despite the acknowledgement of my departure to leave, neither of us move away but the space between our faces got closer and closer.

I couldn't help but laugh as I shake my head at her. "You watch way too many romantic dramas. It was just a pool party, nothing dramatic about that."

"Halle Berry!" The nickname brings a smile to my lips, I see his reflection in the mirror. He dress in the Bel-Air uniform with his arms outstretched as he walks towards me. "Whoa! Didn't you have braids last night? How did you manage—?"

"The braids was weave. The locs are her natural hair." Hilary tells him. "So, Will," She basically sings out to him, "being that Halle was with you particularly all day yesterday, maybe you can tell me why Halle was so late meeting up with me last night?"

"There was a fight." Will informs her as he stands beside me, he tucks a loose strand of hair behind my ear. "You should wear your hair down, Halle."