The Innocent Mistake - 16

Start from the beginning

Her eyes sprang open at once on the realisation - her baby? She sat up at once which made her feel a flush of warm liquid pouring out of her, between her legs.

"Aaahh", Her private part below the waist stung while her head spun due to her sudden moment. She took time to regain the stability by closing her eyes. When she opened her eyelids, she found herself in an unfamiliar place from the one she was in before she had fainted. She was surrounded by blue curtains on two sides while the other two was wall. There were so many switchboards and cables hanging on the wall behind with a few medical equipment hanging around and a television above her head.

"Where am I?"

"Where is Sidharth?"

"Where is my.. baby?"

She mumbled the questions touching her belly. Lifting the sheets over her lower waist, she tried getting up. Something tugged and she felt a little sting. That's when she noticed a long pipe which travelled from between the legs and ended into a packet which had yellowish liquid. It took her few seconds to decipher that it was her urine that was collected in the bag.

How would I move with this? She picked up the bag in her hand planning to go out. Peeking outside from the curtain, she felt embarrassing to go out holding the urine bag. She quickly moved to her bed when she saw a nurse coming in her direction.

"Hi, how are you feeling?", the nurse asked.

"I am fine..", Sana answered.

"That's nice. I came here to check your vitals. Can you tell me your name and date of birth.", the nurse asked to confirm before she started to take her virals.

"Sana Kapoor and my date of birth is..", Sana answered.

"Good.. now may I hold your wrist to check your pulse?" The nurse asked and Sana obliged. Sana anxiously waited to ask questions while the nurse checked her pulse.

"Good, now your arm.", the nurse said and pulling the green strap used to monitor blood pressure.

"Alright, perfect. Let me quickly take your temperature before I allow you to rest.", Said the nurse. Sana nodded her head and cooperated.

"Hmm.. your temperature is slight above normal but nothing to worry. It should come down eventually. If you need any assistance then press the green button on the remote.", The nurse said.

"Aaa.. ummm.. my bab..", Sana was interrupted by a voice.

"Sanaaa..."

Sana's eyes went wide open and her heart skipped a beat.

"Maaaa?", Sana cried instantly, her eyes tearing up.

"Sana..", the blue curtains slid open and Sana got a glimpse of anxious Priya.

"Maaa...", Sana weeped and soon found herself in her mother's embrace. The nurse left allowing them privacy.

"Maaaa... where were you Maa? Why did you leave me?", Sana spoke in between painful sobs still in her mother's embrace while she clenched her mother's blouse firmly for the fear of losing her again. Priya sulked unable to speak.

"How are you feeling my child?", Priya asked cupping her face. Sana's face was wet and red due to extreme crying. Her sobs were not stopping.

"I am not fine maa. Why did you go?", Sana burst remembering all the agony she went through alone.

The blue curtains slid again and there stood Rajiv. His face was hanging down in guilt.

"Papa..?", Sana spoke in fearful tone. Her father had thrown out her mother from his house after a huge arguement. Sana was apprehensive that they might start quarreling yet again.