The Innocent Mistake - 9

Check if you've read the previous chapter given 4 days ago.

Sana and Sidharth got into the cab's backseat.

"What's the location, young man?", The driver asked staring at Sidharth through the rare mirror, in anticipation of an answer. Sidharth looked at Sana.

"T.. Tarneit", Sana stuttered.

"Where in Tarneit, Miss.?", the driver asked.

"28 Wedgewood Road", she gave the address hesitantly. While the driver fed in the GPS location into his device, Sidharth mentally took note of the address.

"Miss, fasten your seatbelts please.", The driver requested.

Sana nodded but struggled with her seatbelt. She couldn't view the buckle due to her baby bump.

"May I?", Sidharth asked irresolutely.

Sana ignored him and kept searching for the buckle under her seat by moving her right hand blindly. Sidharth grabbed the latch in her hand and pushed it into the buckle.

"Are you comfortable, Miss?", Asked the driver to which Sana agreed by shaking her head.

The car was now in motion. Sana stared blankly out of her window while on the other, Sidharth pretended to look at the front but kept his attention on her. There was an utter silence in the car but a lot of noise, even more questions and tension in both their minds.

"San...", He spoke at the same time she opened her mouth.

"Why did you come here?", She asked with an expression filled with pain and anger. He knew that his mistake was the cause for antagonising her.

"I.. I.. I am your sinner.. I..", He was interrupted by her words.

"Go back from here. I have nothing else to give you. I've lost everything because of my one mistake.", She said. He shook his head in guilt and feeling disgraced.

"Sana.. I plead guilty. I want you to punish me.", Sidharth said.

"What punishment Sidharth? What punishment are you talking about? Would punishing you revert everything to as it was before? Would it give me an opportunity to go back and complete my studies? Would it erase the nightmares and agony I went through each day after that disastrous day? Would my parents stop feeling ashamed of me and feel proud of me again? Would I get their same love I got before this mistake? Would my Maa return home? Would I get my innocence back?", Sana questioned Sidharth to which he had no answers. He put his head down feeling ashamed.

"We've arrived at the destination", the driver said.

"Hmm.. Thanks..", Sana said unbuckling her seatbelt before getting down from the car.

Sidharth immediately paid the driver and got down to see her going inside the compound of the house.

"Sana..", Sidharth hesitantly called her.

"Sidharth please leave me alone. Your face is the last thing I want to see.", She said angrily.

"Please Sana. I don't know what I should do but I don't want you to go through all this alone. I want to do as much as I can to reduce your burden and pain.", Sidharth said.

"Really? You want to reduce my pain and burden? Can you carry this baby in your womb, Sidharth?", Sana asked. He nodded no biting his lips.

"Can you bring back my Maa, who left me and Papa?", She asked.

Sidharth nodded his head in no while looking down mortified.

"Then? What would you do to reduce the pain?", She asked.