Encounter

No. 6... And the rest of the cities? No. 6 has changed since the incident. And so did I. From personality? From looks too. I, Shion...is fine if I have my mom here. But I'm I really? Yes-it's been two years. Two years since I last heard from you...Nezumi.
*flashback*
"Uh, uno..."
I turned my head to my mom who had a worried expression. "Yes, mother?"
I stopped sweeping the ground.
"W-Where is that guy-Rat?" She asked.
My eyes softened and I smiled. "Rat? Ah-He's doing fine." I said then started sweeping the ground again.
My mother didn't speak back-but I knew she didn't like my answer. She cracked a smiled. "I-is that so..?"
I ignored her and kept sweeping. Nezumi-someone I'd cared for. Someone who helped me countless times. Someone who seemed hard to understand and couldn't defeat. Someone I loved.
My mom frowned and went upstairs.
I stopped sweeping and looked at the ground. Everyone is greedy. Humans are greedy. I'm lonely. Even if my mom is here, Safu is gone, Dogloan and the old man too... But...
I heard a small squeak.
I suddenly dropped the broom and faced down to a white rat. I smiled and picked him up.
"Hamlet. You're back." I said, patting his head.
He ran onto my shoulder and squeaked again, rubbing his small head against my cheek.
I chuckled and picked up the broom. At least I still have you, Hamlet.
*end of flashback*

...

"Agh... This pisses me off." I said, scratching my back head.
"Oi-stop laying around here and go somewhere else!!" Yelled Dogloan.
I glared at him. "To where? No. 6???" I asked, pissed.
A wrinkle formed on his head and he kicked the couch I was sitting on. "To that guy!"
"Hah? What guy?" I looked at him (if you didn't know-Dogloan is a guy. NO SPOILERS) as if he was crazy.
"You know him! Don't act like you don't know Shion!" Dogloan cried.
"Oh-him... He's dead." I lied, sighing and getting up.
He clenched his fists.
"Liar! Old man said that Karan said that Shion was still alive!!" Dogloan looked down when I turned to look at him. "Hey... What happened between you two?" He muttered and sounded like as if he was going to burst into tears any moment.
"Tch." I turned back and walked to the window.
"Wah-OI!!"
I jumped out the window and landed on my feet as some dust filled the air. Grass... I saw some green on the ground.
"Don't come back, Rat!!" Dogloan yelled from the window on the second floor.
I frowned and reached down to touch the grass that was below me. "It's alive..."
Suddenly there was a squeak. There was something on my shoulder. Ah, rat...
I handed my hand to it and it jumped onto my hand. I faced it in front of me.
It squeaked and I putted it back on my shoulder. I then started towards out in the landscape. Then I had noticed that that brown dog was following me-the same one that followed Shion and helped the baby...
I got out my pocket knife. The dog whimpered once I faced him.
Wait a minute... Ha, it can probably be useful. I sighed and putted back the pocket knife.
"Shion, huh?"

...

"That bastard! Leaving us for two years..!! I can't believe him!" I yelled, quickly walking out the building. "I hope he dies while crying for help!!!"
"Ah, Dogloan?"
My eyes widened and I turned my head. "W-Wha..."
"Could that be Nezumi you're talking about?"
"S-Sh-Shion?!?!"

...

"Ahaha, I'm sorry. I didn't have time to come over here. After all, it was chaos!" I faked laughed.
Dogloan sweat dropped, frowning. "You're just like Nezumi..."
"What?" I stopped laughing and looked at him.
"I'm sorry, Shion." He sighed.
"What? What do you mean?" I asked.
"For abandoning you...and Nezumi..."
My eyes widened. Dogloan and old man abandoned us two back two years ago..?
"W-What do you mean..?" I got up from the couch.
Dogloan panicked and took a step back. "D-don't you remember? You got...shot and we left you since we were scared we were going to die. Nezumi stayed with you though and it seems...he helped you."
"S-Safu..." I clenched my hands. She was there-I know it... "Hey, did Nezumi just pass by here..?" I asked urgently.
He nodded. "Just a couple of minutes ago since I met you at the entrance."
My eyes widened. "N-Nezumi..."
I quickly turned and ran down the stairs. "Nezumi..!"

...

I splashed water in my face, washing my hands. I took off my scarf and the dog came to sniff it. I glared at it and the dog backed away slowly. I sighed.
"What am I doing here..?"
Suddenly, "NEZUMI!!!"
My eyes widened. "Shion..?" I quickly got up and looked back. "Shion..!" I quickly got up and shooed the dog away, running into the lake and holding my breath. I slowly swam to the far side, hiding in the water. "Shit, shit, shit, shit, shit, shit..."
"Nezumi..!! Where are you?!" I heard.
Shion... It is him... I poked my head out a little. I furrowed my brows. He hasn't changed. So desperate, huh?
"Nezumi!! Where are you???" He yelled again, stopping at the lake.
I ducked in a little bit more. Then my eyes widened. Ah-my scarf..!
But it was too late, Shion picked up my scarf and then started swimming my way. I quickly went in the lake, hoping he won't see me. But no. The dog came back and leaded Shion right to me.
"N-Nezumi!" He cried as I got out of the water and he swam to shore.
I furrowed my brows and picked up my scarf, walking away.
"Wait-Nezumi!" He yelled, panting and jogging behind me. "Don't go!"
"Tch..." I turned around to him and he then suddenly fell on me. I closed my eyes and sighed.
He then looked up to me and smiled. "Nezumi! I finally-."
"Go back." I said sternly.
"EH?"
I wrinkled my nose. "Go back, Shion. I thought I told you that you would be fine."
"Urk-But, it's been two years..." He replied, looking down. He took a step back.
"Two years? Already?" I asked, turning around and walking again. I putted my scarf back on.
"Wait-Nezumi! We need to talk." He said.
I stopped my tracks. "... About what?"
"... About you."
My eyes widened slightly. What's wrong with him? Why is he acting so friendly? Well sure, it's been two years, but I didn't want to ever see you again, Shion. I was...
"There is no such thing." I answered, walking.
The dog then barked once.
"Nezumi, I'm fine. So what? But let's discuss this, please!"
I turned around quickly. "Shut up! You're so loud!"
Then my eyes widened to find Shion hugging me. "Please..." He muttered, hugging tightly.
My eyes softened, blushing.
I was scared.
"Shion..."
"Don't-I don't want to go back without you..." He pleaded.
I was scared...that you would have already had someone or you were just mad at me... I was scared of facing you.
I hugged back more tight. "I was scared..." I whispered.
"N-Nezumi..." He then started to cry. "I missed you..."
I didn't reply, snuggling my face into Shion's warm coat. "Warm..." I muttered.
"Nezumi. Come back with me." He said.
I furrowed my brows. "I...can't." I replied, pulling away from his grasp.
His eyes widened. "W-Why not..?" He asked, looking down.
I caressed his cheek and smiled at him. "You'll be fine."
He shook his head. "N-No... No, no." He grabbed my hand. "Don't leave me behind again-ugh, you're the most important person in the world to me..."
"... You too. But I can't go back. I'm busy."
He furrowed his brows. "Busy... Busy, busy, busy..!" He yelled, pushing my hand away. "Why are you always busy?!"
"S-Shion! Listen to me. Come with me instead. Forget everyone else and come with me then."
"NO! I still have my mother-and I don't have Safu! I don't want to abandon my mom... I already did once."
"No you didn't. You were captured and then saved by me. I brought you here and we separated ways after the incident of No. 6."
"..." Shion didn't answer this time.
"Come with me." I said sternly. "This is my finale question."
His eyes widened and he clung onto me. "N-No! I won't let you go!"
"Shion! Stop this right now!-this is useless to talk about!" I pushed him away into the ground and then walked really fast.
"Nezumi!!"
The dog then barked a couple of times and stayed with Nezumi.
"Why, Shion? Why did you come find me..."

...

"Shion?" The door bell ringed as Shion entered. I smiled. "Ah-." Then I stopped my words to find him frowning, dirty, and red eyes.
"Don't ask, mom." He said.
My eyes widened. "Wait-Shion, let me clean you up-."
He went up the stairs and left me dumbfounded and worried.
What could've had happened? Ah, I wish there were still phones... Now that the main source had broken down, our technologies and everything has been shut down and now we're just using solar power. The new phones had already been made, but they're expensive. I can't afford it yet. Shion doesn't even want to get a job too. He said, "Working with my mother is enough." I can bearly get by though. I mean, robberies had been made more lately. It worries me even more since Shion has been wondering to far places...
I sighed. "Shion..."
To be honest, I really looked forward to meeting Rat. Well, Nezumi. Kinda like Shion's new best and close friend. That's what I felt like too. Nezumi looked out for Shion. Even though I wasn't there-he took care of Shion and protected him... But then-Where's Safu?

...

Umm... Hey readers. I actually forgot what I was going to write or what's going to happen next, so imma give out this first part of this never so changing No.6!