ᴊᴜᴅɢᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ᴊᴜꜱᴛɪᴄᴇ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴛʀɪᴀʟ ʙᴇɢɪɴꜱ

Start from the beginning

Under the morning sun, your attention shifted as footsteps graced the elevated platform designated for the impending trial.

There, you found the traveler and their ever-present companion, Paimon, along with the magician duo.

"Good morning, Y/N," Aether greeted with a tired yawn, positioning himself beside you.

"Ah, good morning, Y/N,"

Lyney chimed in, a warm smile gracing his lips, though beneath the surface, the anticipation for the upcoming trial churned within him.

"Good morning," you greeted briefly, your gaze then shifting toward the front.

Before you lay the magnificent Oratrice Mecanique d'Analyse Cardinale, an immense mechanical weighing scale that graced the Court of Fontaine's Opera Epiclese.

This extraordinary creation, crafted by Focalors, held the remarkable ability to transmute people's unwavering faith in justice into Indemnitium, a potent energy source that fueled the workings of the Court of Fontaine and Erinnyes.

Beyond its role as a mere power generator, the Oratrice possessed an enigmatic consciousness, capable of delivering judgments with precision within the hallowed confines of the Opera Epiclese.

Your inscrutable countenance thinly veiled the disappointment that your own nation had taken to using this intricate contraption with its peculiar twist to dispense judgments.

It felt as though they were all unwittingly disrespecting you, the very God of Judgment, and this alone constituted a grave breach of Fontaine's established order.

To compound matters further, these trials seemed to have evolved into a form of spectacle, a drama that the Fontainians willingly indulged in, turning a matter of solemn importance into a theatrical display.

On the opposing end of the elevated platform, Furina ascended, her radiant smile directed at your party.

"Well now, don't you all appear rather crestfallen? Has your investigation yielded nothing of value?"

She taunted, a musical laugh escaping her lips.

"Good morning to you too, Furina."

You replied with a touch of innocent sarcasm, your voice dripping with unintentional irony.

"We simply couldn't resist the allure of a Fontainian trial, you know. Such riveting entertainment."

Your words were laced with irony, a subtle jab at the spectacle she had turned Fontaine's justice into.

Furina blinked in surprise, taken aback by your response, and a hushed murmur spread through the audience as they witnessed your unexpected retort.

Your friends couldn't hide their shock either, and Lyney whispered to you,

"Y/N, again??"

You didn't break eye contact with Furina, your expression still cool and composed despite the surprise in the room.

"Oh, don't act so surprised," you said, your voice smooth as silk.