Ada x Leon

This fanfiction is about angst !

There isn't any warning :)

________________________________________________________________________

Leon sighs and looks at his ceiling, a bottle in hand.

He was drinking, again. This bad habit never really left him, especially since the racoon city incident.

That's when he met his friend, Claire who saved Sherry Birkin and...Ada.

He closes his eyes, remembering the way she made him feel special the day they met, even if he knew the truth about her.

She was his enemy.. or so people wanted them to be.

Their love was unique, something that no one else ever felt before them.

Life doesn't want them to have a happy ending, but Leon is the type of man to fight his way through life.

He sits back up on his bed, his eyes looking at his room, it was messy, filled with empty alcohol bottles which made him forget about all of his problems.

Suddenly his phone rings, work, as always.

Leon sighs once more, feeling grumpy each time the word 'work' appears on his screen, but he knows that he has to pick up.

Leon  : Hello ?

He asks, sounding already annoyed.

Ada : Hello, Leon.

Leon's eyes widen in shock how could Ada reach his phone through the number of his work ?

But he couldn't resist sounding a bit happier as he heard his soulmate's voice.

He could hear Ada's warm yet distant laugh through the phone, as if she knew Leon's face expression without even seeing him.

She knew him by heart, even the little things.

Ada : What's up ? You sounded grumpy when you answered the phone.

She says, sounding more playful, enjoying the moments when she could tease Leon without her being on a mission.

Leon : I..

The man starts but takes a little breath before continuing.

Leon : I thought that it was work calling.

He doesn't add anything else, trying to keep his answers short to be sure not to mess up while talking to the woman he loves.

Ada : Don't underestimate me, Leon.

She chuckles a bit before adding.

Ada : I needed to speak with you without my.. colleagues knowing about this.

There is a little silence on Leon's side which leaves Ada a bit uncomfortable even if she tries to hide it in her voice.

Leon : What is there to talk about ?

The blondie tries to do his best to remain distant, not wanting to get  hurt again.

Ada : Well.. We won't see each other again.

Leon stands up as he is hearing the news, they weren't precise but the thought of not being able to see Ada anymore breaks his heart in a million pieces.

Ada : I am going to work somewhere else, but I can't tell you where..I wouldn't want you following me after all.

She chuckles, trying to make it lighthearted.

But she can't, her voice had a small crack at the end, as if her voice got caught in her throat, unwillingly. 

The man sighs before answering.

Leon : I presume that you wanted to tell me goodbye before leaving, huh ?

He says, trying now to sound cocky as he usually does but he fails as well.

Both of them fall into the silence again, but it isn't an uncomfortable one, it's only.. sad and makes the both of them feel alone.

Ada : That's all you got to say ?

Ada asks, hoping that he would tell her the three words she always wanted to hear, although they could never get their happy ending.

Leon : Well, I wish you well, Ada.

He says, with a hint of regret in his tone.

They both knew what they were hiding from each other, but confessing was hard.

They both were afraid of exposing the way they felt towards each other, even though they shared a kiss and a night together.

Justifying it as a "one night thing" was easier for the two agents.

Ada sighs, feeling defeated.

Ada : Alright.

Her tone was now cold, her playful attitude left as she understood that her man wasn't going to say much more.

Ada : I have to go now, goodbye.

Leon doesn't even have time to answer that she had already hung up.

His back soon hits the mattress again while a tear runs down his right cheek.

He knew that it was a big mistake, maybe he should have confessed his feelings after all ?

But it was too late.

He was filled with numerous regrets and he could never fix.

The woman he loved was now gone, maybe forever because he was too scared of admitting his love.

Maybe he wasn't meant to live a normal life, maybe he doesn't deserve friends ?

Maybe he doesn't deserve Ada.

His eyes close again and his mind is filled of memories with them, which is the only thing left from Ada now.

________________________________________________________________________________

775 words for my first one shot in a while !