Turn 2: Sharks gift to Yuma

Shark was right, his gift took over a month to prepare and Yuma had seemed to get worse within this time. He felt guilty because he hadn't spent much time with Yuma due to wanting to get the gift perfect, but it was finally close to being done. He was just waiting on one more thing and he could piece everything together.

Throughout the day Shark kept checking his Duel-gazer for any new emails, time seemed slow as he heard the clock tick in class. It was driving him insane, if it wasn't for the fact he really is trying to improve he would have gone berserk by now. "It's for Yuma." was repeated over and over in Sharks head.

Shark eventually attempted to focus on his class work; they were learning about different show productions that were based on real history like Hamilton or ones based in fiction like Little Shop of Horror. By the end of the week the groups had to decide on doing a fictional or historical performance for the upcoming school festival.

By the time it was a group discussion all the Barians surrounded Sharks table to talk about what they would do. "Why not a historical performance? We could use our past lives and credit Yuma's father for the information. It would be quick and easy!" said Vector who went as Ray in school, Shark could tell he just wanted the spotlight while also doing it in the laziest way possible.

"Would that be wise? Not all information is known about our past." Dumon had a good point, even then most people would say it was fiction, I mean a pegasus and a dragon? That's not to mention other bits that sound just as unbelievable. "We could ask if we could do a mixture of them both? Our legends are historic while also seeming fictional. it would be.... Historical Fiction!"

Everyone seemed to agree with Rio's suggestion and Shark just sighed as Dumon and Rio went to talk to the teacher. "Nash, how's Yuma's gift going?" Shark mentally cursed Alito for bringing it up however before he could say anything his gazer vibrated, probably more quickly than he should have, Shark checked the gazer and saw he had an email.

Looking at the email Shark smiled. "just received the last thing I needed should be finished at the end of the day." Rio sat back down next to her brother as he finished talking and smiled at him. "That's great Reginald! Yuma looks like he could really use it. oh and Miss Tsumugi said it's fine to do our idea, she is really excited for our rehearsals."

After a few more minutes of discussion the bell rang for lunch and yet again Shark went to the cafeteria, grabbed a random sandwich, paid and left rushing to the library to get Yuma's gift finished.

After what felt like ages of painstaking work Shark had finally finished. He leaned back and stretched out the knots in his back and was happy. "Finally, it's done. Just gotta meet up with Yuma" Shark checked the time and was shocked. He was so focused that he missed the last half of the school day.

Quickly saving and logging off the computer, Shark ran to the school gate to see if he missed Yuma. Luckily he didn't, Yuma was just walking out of his years building looking like he had not taken care of himself for a while.

Ever since a month ago Yuma's hair style was not his sharp shrimp looking hair it was the down low effort middle parting. His hair had grown longer but it was still just as beautiful. "Yuma!" Shark called out and Yumas head shot up quickly wide eyed as he saw Shark.

"Shark? What's wrong?" Yuma's voice was so quiet it worried Shark. "Nothing wrong, want me to walk you home again?" Yumas face almost contorted to a happy shock almost as he nodded his head. It was better than the sunken face he had just a minute ago.

"Really? I thought I had annoyed you last time." This shocked Shark but not as much as he would like, he didn't spend much if any time with Yuma over the last month. Shark quickly walked in front of Yuma to look him in the eyes.

"Yuma I promise you that when we last walked together you didn't annoy me at all. I just got busy this last month." Shark really wanted to show Yuma that he cared about him, it was still hard but he's sure Yuma will know after he sees the gift.

Yuma smiled a little and kept listening to Sharks rambles until they reached Yuma's house. Before Yuma could say goodbye Shark again stood in front of him and looked him in the eyes.