She trained with her siblings and some of the other lords' sons whenever she had a chance. She grew accustomed to not being able to sleep full nights; whether it was a sudden need to move camps or her brother's snores, something always kept her up.

Grey Wind, Robb's direwolf, was the one who came to fetch her anytime Robb wanted to talk. He was so busy that she never knew when he'd have free time, just for the two of them. To complain and rant to one another, to speak about strategies as he prepared for each meeting and what he would present to his bannermen. The wolf liked being caressed while they spoke, often turning and showing her his belly.

They moved from camp to camp, dragging Jamie Lannister with them. At last, a raven reached them from Stannis Baratheon (who was not pleased with their desire for independence and thought them thieves) to inform them of something disturbing, concerning the Lannisters.

"'I declare upon the honor of my house,'" Thyrsa read aloud from the letter, "'That my brother Robert left no trueborn heirs. The boy Joffrey, the boy Tommen, and the girl Myrcella being born of incest between Cersei Lannister and her brother Ser Jamie Lannister, the Kingslayer. By right of birth and blood, I do this day lay claim to the Iron Throne of Westeros. Let all true men declare their loyalty.'"

"Lord Stark must have known," said Hother solemnly. "It must be why that Lannister bastard killed him."

Robb clenched his jaw, voice laced with venom, "I will send one of the Lannister prisoners down to King's Landing with my peace terms. Have Ser Alton Lannister brought to my tent. I need a word with the Kingslayer."

Once he left, the men erupted into argument.

Thyrsa listened to each in pieces, the consensus the same: everyone was disgusted to know the truth about the Lannisters. She knew the children weren't to blame, but she wondered if the reason Joffrey was as cruel as everyone claimed him to be was a result of his parents' sins.

Her father believed any child born abnormal, be it through looks or behavior, was so because of something their parents had done. It was their punishment, their way to learn from their mistakes, by caring for someone who was everything they hated.

Robb came back just as the knights led the Lannister prisoner in to receive the message.

"You're Ser Alton Lannister?" confirmed Robb.

"I am, Your Grace," said the man, face dirty but his scarf still a vibrant red.

"I offer your cousins peace if they meet my terms," said the King in the North. "First, your family must release my sisters. Second, my father's bones must be returned to us so he may rest beside his brother and sister in the crypts beneath Winterfell. And the remains of all those who died in his service must also be returned. Their families can honor them with proper funerals."

"An honorable request, Your Grace," said Ser Alton.

"Third," continued Robb, "Joffrey and the Queen Regent must renounce all claim to the dominion of the North. From this time until the end of time, we are a free and independent kingdom."

"The King in the North," the lords around the table agreed.

"Neither Joffrey nor any of his men shall set foot in our lands again," said Robb. "If he disregards this command, he shall suffer the same fate as my father, only I don't need a servant to do my beheading for me."

"These are, Your Grace– these are–"

Robb stood. "These are my terms. If the Queen Regent and her son meet them, I'll give them peace. If not, I will litter the South with Lannister dead."