Chapter 45 : Secrets unveiled P2

Start from the beginning

"The blood loss made me unconscious. It was going to be a slow death, but I was definitely going to die. But that's when he came to save me; my best friend; my brother; one of the most important people in my life who I deeply care about" he said smiling.

"Who?" asked Daphne.

Instead of answering, Harry got up and pulled Daphne up with him. "Come with me" he said. He took her hand and took her out to the castle's expansive grounds.

Daphne watched as Harry closed his eyes for a few seconds. Then suddenly, the clouds darkened, claps of thunder could be heard and flashes of lightning could be seen as well. "Look there" said Harry, pointing at a distance.

Suddenly, there was a flash of lightning and an enormous bird appeared out of thin air. Daphne screamed and latched onto Harry, but he didn't pull away. "He's not going to hurt you" he whispered in her ear.

The majestic bird flew over the grounds and finally landed gracefully in front of them. Daphne looked at the enormous bird in front of her with trepidation. She looked back at Harry who went forward and hugged the bird which frankly looked like an enormous eagle.

"Missed you, buddy" she heard him say to the bird. The creature nuzzled his beak on Harry's body as well.

"Daphne, meet Aquila, the one I said is like a brother to me. He's a thunderbird" said Harry.

"A thunderbird?" asked Daphne in awe.

"Brother? Oh Harry, I'm touched" said an amused Aquila in Harry's mind.

"I also told her that you're one of the most important people in my life" he replied.

"Of course I am!" said Aquila sounding smug. "Can you tell that to a bunch of females of my species? I'm looking for a mate, and any help is most appreciated"

Harry burst out laughing. "Who wants to mate with you? No female is demented enough to do that!"

"Oh well" said Aquila "I guess I'll have to settle for Hedwig. Where's that cute little owl? I have a mate to find!"

Harry gaped and spluttered "Aquila!" he said out loud. "You can't, I mean, Hedwig is, is, she is too small for you! It's not right!" he said his eyes wide.

"You mess with me, I'll mess with you, little one" said the thunderbird.

"You both can communicate with each other?" asked a shocked Daphne. She was still trying to comprehend the fact that Harry had a thunderbird familiar.

"Oh, it's so nice to finally meet Harry's mate. Greetings to you, little one"

"Hey! I thought 'little one' was reserved for me!" said Harry indignantly.

"Then what do I call her?" asked Aquila amused.

"I don't know! But that is reserved for me and only me!" said Harry as he pouted.

Daphne couldn't believe that Harry was actually acting his age. She had never seen him so carefree before. But she could also sense amusement that she was sure wasn't from her. She looked at the thunderbird. The creature also looked at her. They started deep into each other's eyes.

"Harry, you've got a special one here. She is definitely different from the others of your species. She is definitely meant for you. I can feel a small bond with her as well. It's not like ours; I can't talk to her, but it's there. I have been feeling something different for the past year. This is the answer, your mate's bond with me" explained Aquila.

"But how is that possible? You said I have a certain gift that no other witch or wizard has; that's why I can communicate with your species. Then how can Daphne sense you?" asked Harry confused.