chapter 23

Sophia pov
Calvin brought me home, and I was still happy with how far we had come. I was still lost in my thoughts, and I received a phone call. When I checked my phone, it was my restaurant manager calling.

"Hello, Sherry How are you  doing?"I said to her
"I am not okay, ma'am." She replied with a sense of regret evident in her voice.

"What's the matter?" I asked in a serious tone.
"I, I, I..." She stuttered
"Sherry I want you to relax, ok, and tell me what happened." She replied
I heard her breathe in and out, then set herself to tell me.

"Ma'am, one of the waitresses prepared an order for one of the customers, so the chef prepared as he was told, but he forgot and mixed peanuts in the order, so when the customer ate, he got an allergic reaction. She was taken to the hospital, but she is now better, and she wants us to fire the cook or she will sue us." She explained

I was shocked when I heard that. It was an accident, and I was still wondering why someone would sue or what we would do to fire a cook for such an issue unless the chef had been continuously doing it.

"Ok, I will come there today," I replied.
"Ok." She replied calmly.
She hung up, and I went to meet Evan since they were planning on going back today too.
I want to live with the kids here, but I know they won't accept, so it's just a matter of giving it a shot and seeing how it goes.

I found everyone having a break, so I joined them, and I felt happy to see a smile on everyone's face.
"Good morning, everyone." I greeted them.
"Good morning." They replied
I sat on a chair next to Ella and Axel. When I say everyone, I don't mean the whole pack; I mean my brother, his mate, my five kids, Rina, Evan, and his mate.

You might be wondering why I said my five kids, so here is the thing: I finally adopted Axel and his little brother John.
We continued having our breakfast, and then I decided that it was the right time to tell them.

"I am heading to Mexico today." I replied
Then everyone stopped eating, and they looked at me with a questioning look.

"Can I ask why you are going back?" Myles asked
"Well, something happened at my restaurant and I need to head back." I replied
"What happened?" Melvin asked.
I explained what exactly happened, and then a few minutes later they all nodded their heads in agreement.

And I felt that it was high time to head back to my life again. Eva had found her mate, so she had to remain, and mom was already better and healthier.

"But what about, mate?" Sera said to me
"He will look for me then. I also need him, but I don't want to put my hopes high again." I replied, and she kept quiet. After breakfast, I told my kids to pack their things too.

I was in my room packing my stuff, and I heard someone knocking on the door.

"Come in." I said
Then the person opened the door, and I turned to see who it was, and it happened to be Axel.

"Yes, Axel." I replied
I saw he wanted to say something, but he was hesitant, so I called him over to sit next to me.

"Are you done packing your bags?" I said to him, and he quickly looked up.
"What are you thinking, that I am going to live with you here?" I asked him, and he nodded his head.

"You and John are now my kids; I will take you with me everywhere I go with those of Myles." I said, and he looked at me as tears flowed down his cheeks.

"Thank you, Mum." He said that, and I was shocked.
He has called me mom. I felt warmth, and I saw he had hugged me, and I hugged him back as I had a smile on my face.
I packed my stuff, then went down the stairs, and I found my mom and dad sitting in the living room with my other two siblings, Clark and Sunny.

They were all looking down, but when they felt my presence, they all looked up.
I look at the food people who brought pain into my life, the people who were supposed to protect me, but instead it was different.

"Hello, I didn't expect one of you to be here." I said to then
"We heard you are going back to Mexico." My dad said
"Yes, I am." I replied
"Are you taking the kids with you?" My mom asked

"Yes, I am taking them with me." I replied calmly.
They all nodded their heads, and silence broke in.
"But why? We thought you were back for good." My brother replied

"No, I had come back because Myles had asked me to, so I am going back home." I replied
"But this is your home too." Sunny said

I laughed at her statement when I looked at her, my brother, and my parents.
"Home." I said, then laughed, and then all the images of how they treated me flashed back in my head again.

"Home, this stopped being my home the day I decided to cut off ties with you and the pack after what you all did to me." I replied with anger boiling in my chest.
"So none of you have a right to stop me from raising my kids because I don't belong here."

"But we are sorry, Sophia. I know what we did was unforgivable, but we have changed, and we regret deeply what we did to you." My dad said

Melvin POV
I was in my room with my brother preparing our stuff, then we had mom talking, but she seemed frustrated, so I looked at my brother, and I knew he had heard it too.

We left the room to go down the stairs to see what was happening, and we met Ella, Axel, and John on the way to the living room.
We went there to see who she was talking to, and we saw that it was our grandparents and our aunt and uncle.
I don't think they deserve us calling them that.

We heard the pain in mom's voice as she talked to them. I look at these people who were supposed to protect her, but instead they neglected her and tortured her for something she didn't wish to occur.
All I felt was anger towards them; they talk as if nothing happened.

"So neither of you is going to stop me from living with my kids." Mom said to them
They all looked down in shame when they saw us; we knew Mom had sensed our presence.

"Are you done packing?" She asked with a smile on her face, but the smile didn't reach her eyes.
One could see the pain in her eyes. "Yes," Myles replied.
"Ok, let's take our luggage to the car; we don't want to miss our flight." She replied, and we all nodded, then went to our rooms to get our luggage.

In a few minutes, we were standing outside waiting to start our journey to the airport. Uncle Myles was going to drive us to the airport.
We got into the car, and as mom was going to the car, someone called her name.

We turned to see who it was, and it happened to be our so-called father.
"Sophia, can we talk for a few minutes?" He said

"There is nothing to talk about, Jonas." She said to him,
"Why are you living, moreover, with my kids?" He said
Mum just chuckled at him, and she just nodded her head, then decided to enter the car instead of talking to him. She was going to enter, but he held her hand.

"Let go of my hand, Jonas." She said calmly, then he let go, and she entered the car. Uncle Myles started the car.
When she entered the car, she placed her head on Myles' shoulder and closed her eyes.

Hello everyone
Hope u have enjoyed this chapter, what do you think of it, don't forget to send in your thoughts.

Lol😊😊