chapter 19

Eva's POV

Things have been going well lately, and Myles' mom has been showing signs of waking up soon. Rina finally got her mate, and Lisa got a second chance.
I can't express how I really feel about this. After living in the hospital earlier today and seeing Myles' mother, I could not believe the news they had told me.
I don't know how I am going to break it to everyone, but I think I will have to tell Lisa first, and I hope she takes it well.
When I reached home, I entered, and I found the person I mostly wanted to talk to in the living room with Myles and Ella.

"Hey guys," I say to them.
"Hello," they replied.
"You seem happy; what's the matter?" Lisa asked me
I decided to give her the envelope to check herself.

I saw Myles and Mariella curious to also know what was on the envelope.
"What's this." She asked
"Just open it." I replied
Then she opened it, and when she read what was on it, her eyes widened in shock.
"You are serious." She asked
"Yes, I am." I replied
"Since your brother's birthday is in two days, its would a great day to surprise our family and friends. What you think about the idea." I added
"It would be perfect." She replies with a smirk on her face.

"Aunt what's on the letter." Ella asked
"Ooh my dear, curiosity killed a cat, just wait  two more days, you will find out." I replied but I knew the two where really curious but it will have to be a secret between me and their mother for now.

Alpha King Calvin's POV

It's been a week since I went on a date with Sophia. I really enjoyed her company, and she also enjoyed mine.
Me and Wolly can't wait to make her ours. Last night I received a call from my brother Adrian calling me to go back for some pack duties since they have faced a few rogue attacks that I need to clear.

My cousin Bruno was raised by my dad; he started becoming power hungry, and he has been trying all means to get the throne for himself. My dad had banished him from our pack, and he is now the acting rogue king.
I wanted to take my mate with us, but she disagreed since her mom was still in a coma.

I also thought maybe it would be safe if she stayed here too; I didn't want many people to know about her yet since the news would reach my cousin.
I was finalizing everything so we could live and go back home. Raymond has been so whipped, and I stand by him and his mate. They are always over each other without giving each other space.

As I was heading downstairs to check on my son, I heard moans coming from Raymond's room.
"Seriously." I said to myself:

Jonas' POV

If I said I was happy that Sophia got a second chance, then I would be lying.
All I feel is regret and disgust towards myself for what I did to her. I deserve all the pain I am feeling right now, and she deserves better.

I told Sunny about the kids, but things didn't go very well, just as I expected. She was not only mad but also felt guilty that she denied those kids a chance to have a father.

Flashback

I reached home, and I found my daughter had already gone to bed. I went to her room to check on her. What can I say? I love my daughter, and she is one of the things I don't regret. I am just angry at myself for not being a good father to her and her siblings.

I left her room and went to my room. I found Sunny just coming from dressing up in her nightwear.
"You are back." She said
"Yes," I replied.
"You seem to have something bothering you." She says, and that's the issue—she knows me too well to hide anything from her.
"I need to tell you something." I reply

"Ok, what's it all about?" She asks as she sits on her vanity table.
"Sophia's kids are my kids." I said that, and the whole room went silent.

"You are kidding, right?" She asked
"No, I am not." I replied calmly as the guilt ate me up.
"So you not only rejected my sister, but you also slept with her." She says this as her voice starts breaking.

I nodded as I felt words stuck in my mouth. She stood up and started pacing.
"How could you, how could you do that, my sister?" You not only used her but you rejected her. I already feel bad for the hell I took her through, and I not only took her mate away but also denied her kids a chance to have a father." She spoke with so much pain in her voice that I could feel the anger and disgust she had for herself and also for me as tears were flowing down her cheeks.

"It's not your fault, it's mine; I shouldn't have rejected her or slept with her then rejected her; it was stupid of me, and I know saying sorry won't change anything." I said, but I was too ashamed to see her in the eyes.

She kept crying, and I tried to comfort her, but nothing worked. She left the room and went to sleep with our daughter.
In a few minutes, when I went to check on her, she had already slept off, and I just covered them properly and left the room.

End of flashback.

So she has not been talking to me since two days ago, when I told her that she had decided to go to her friend for a few days.
I was so lost in my thoughts that I didn't hear my daughter calling me until she tapped on me a little bit.

"Dad, are you okay?" Melissa asked
"Yes, my princess, I am ok. I am just stressed with work but will be ok." I replied
"Dad, did you have a fight with mom?" She asked
"No princess, we didn't fight; mummy is just worried about grandma." I replied
She just kept quiet and hugged me from behind. I turned and hugged her.
She was only 12 years old, but I treated her like she was three.

I just hope she gets along with her siblings; I don't even know how she will react when she learns about them. Every time I think about it, I just feel angry and disgusted with myself.
I close my eyes and pray to the moon goddess to just forgive me for having gone against her. Sigh

🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣🗣
Hello everyone! I hope you are enjoying the story.
I have been reading all your comments as you all tried to guess what you thought was written on the letter Eva had.
Thank you all for liking and sharing your thoughts about my book.

Get a chance to try and read my new book entitled "RIPPLE IN THE DIVIDE." It has one chapter for now, but I will soon upload chapter 2.
Thank you, and I hope you like it just as much as you enjoyed this book.