Glynda: The last pair has been formed, sir. Nora Valkyrie and Lie Ren. Poor boy... I can't possibly imagine those two getting along.

Ozpin: Mmmm...

Glynda: And Jaune Rodriguez is paired Pyrrha Nikos. I do believe he'll come up with some crazy idea as usual, I guess we'll find out soon enough. At their current pace, they should reach the temple within just a few minutes. (turning back to Ozpin) Speaking of which, what did you use as relics this year? (silence) Professor Ozpin?

Jaune and Pyrrha are standing at the mouth of a dark cave, where drawings are seen to the side involving armed men against giant beasts.

Jaune: This isn't the place. These drawing indicate there is most likely a Grimm inside.

Jaune picks up a rock and YEETS it into the cave. A few seconds pass.

Pyrrha: Do you... feel that?

Jaune: Soul-crushing regret or the eyes of people watching us from a different world through a screen?

Pyrrha: What?

SCRREECCCHHH!

The two look in to see the now-glowing red lines and eyes of a Death Stalker running towards them. Pyrrha gets in a combat stance while Jaune grins.

Jaune: You ever seen a Death Stalker do flip?

Pyrrha: No!

Jaune doesn't respond as the Death Stalker burst out the cave. Jaune aims his arm at it and sends a hook flying into the boney carapace and another on the ground a little bit in front of the Grimm. It charges at them but them the line goes taught and flips the creature.

Jaune: Haha, there's only enough room for one scorpion hermano. Quick Pyrrha let's go!

Meanwhile with Yang and Blake

Yang: Blake, did you hear that? What should we do?

Ruby: (falling right towards them, finally getting Yang's attention) Heads uuuuuuuup!

Just as she's about to hit the ground panicking, Jaune comes flying through the air and grabs Ruby, and grappling them both onto a tree before letting Ruby go. Ruby is dazed by what happened.

Ruby: Oohhhh... What was that? (the dizziness passes when she shakes her head)

Jaune: Eh-hem! (Ruby looks up to see Jaune still on the tree) Hey, Ruby...

Blake: Did your sister just fall from the sky?

Yang: I...

Before she can continue, several crashing noises are heard in the forest ahead of them, and an Ursa comes out, claws swiping, just as a pink blast of energy hits it in the back and it crashes to the ground, depositing its rider.

Nora: Awwww... It's broken.

A guy comes through the trees panting

Ren: (panting and leaning on the Grimm) Nora! Please... Don't ever do that again.

Nora: (now in the Temple, staring at a golden rook relic) Oooohh... I'm queen of the castle! I'm queen of the castle!

Ren: Nora!

Nora: (stops dancing with the rook on her head, then salutes, dropping the relic into her hand) Coming, Ren!

Blake: Did that girl just ride in on an Ursa?

Yang: I...

She is interrupted once more as a screech is heard from their right, and Pyrrha Nikos comes onto the scene as the Death Stalker uproots entire trees in its chase after her. Pyrrha narrowly dodges its giant claws and keeps on running.