"I have better things to do"

"Like?"

Like text Alec again.

Kate looked at her phone in her pocket.

"Something... important"

He nodded and she looked up at him.

Shit, she was supposed to be tall.

"Could you not stand next to me?" she said, still looking up at him.

"Why?" He frowned.

"It's intimidating. Your height"

She cursed herself for voicing that out because, in the next second, he was looking at her like she was the tiniest creature on the planet.

Luckily, before she could scold him, Dylan came.

"Hey, Kate"

"Hi Dylan. Congrats on the win"

She felt Damien scowling at her but she ignored him.

"Thanks" Dylan flashed his signature dimple. "You'll be at the party, right?

"I don't --"

"Noelle is coming so you don't have to worry about being alone"

Kate sighed. She wasn't worried about that. Did no one else understand all the drama that came anytime she went to a party? First, it had been Justin, and she had kissed the smiling blue eyes in front of her. Then, it had been an obsessive girlfriend, and she had cried—again, in front of blue eyes.

"I'm not coming"

"She'll be there"

She and Damien said at the same time.

Dylan nodded his head, "I'll see you then, Kate"

He walked away and she could only glare at Damien.

"I'm not coming"

"Not with that outfit"

She looked down at herself. She was putting on her best jeans and a long-sleeved crop top. What was wrong with what she was wearing?

"Don't get me wrong" Damien interrupted her thoughts. "You just look..." He gave a full glance from her head to toe before smiling, "too appetizing to the eye"

Her words stuck in her throat as she gaped at him. Was this supposed to be... flirting? She felt her cheeks heat up. The British boy did have a sweet mouth.

"Damien!"

Kate looked behind him at his teammates who were already preparing to leave. They were calling him over to join them.

"Shall we?"

"I said I'm not going" she said decisively. Sweet words wouldn't be enough to persuade her.

He turned to her, frustrated.

"I know you're feisty, but not stubborn"

"I'm not stubborn"

"That's exactly what a stubborn person would say"

He held her hand and they began to walk out. She didn't even realize she was walking with him until they got outside and he opened a car door for her.

"Hey, I said I wasn't going" She removed her hand from his.

She looked down at the silver Chevrolet sports car before her. She recognized it as the car Dylan had driven to the first party. He had said it wasn't his.

"Is it yours?"

"Yeah," he rubbed the back of his head. He didn't say it like he was proud of it, even though she could tell that it was sincerely his.

Kate nodded. So apart from the fact that he was good-looking and had the charm, he was also rich too. The full package.

Damien cleared his throat, "So shall we go or do I have to bundle you?"

"Why is it so important I go with you anyway?"

"Because..." He placed his hands on his hips and licked his lips, thinking of a good lie.

"Aren't you going to change?" She pointed at his basketball uniform.

"You seem to like me in a singlet so I don't think so" he smirked.

Goshhh!!

Kate looked away, hiding her red cheeks. Thank goodness it was dark.

He laughed and went to the driver's side of the car. "Just get in."

She slipped into the car and closed the door. The car seat was so warm and comfortable that she relaxed into it.

Damien leaned over to the backseats and took his clothes from his bag.

"Wait, you're going to change here!?" Her eyes widened when he wanted to take off his singlet.

"Yeah," he quickly removed the singlet.

Gosh, shirtless Damien was so--

Kate immediately faced the window, stopping her thoughts from getting dirty.

She heard Damien chuckle.

"You act like you haven't seen me without a shirt before" he said.

"That doesn't mean I want to see it again"

"Your words hurt me so much, Katherine"

"Kate" she seethed, still not looking at him.

"Katherine"

She knew he was smiling.

"Alright, I'm done"

She turned to him again and he was now fully clothed in a tight white shirt and blue jeans. He must like his muscled arms to flex them at any chance he got.

She looked away from him. Some people were just too good-looking, unlike her.

His hand reached across her for the glove box. He opened it and brought out his signature dark shades.

"Really?" She chuckled as he put it on.

"What? You know how people get when they look at me" he said with a teasing smile.

By people, he meant her.

Damn you, Damien.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I missed missed MISSED you guys sooooo muchhhhh. It's been an awful period of writer's block. The worst...ever!!! And I hope to not go through that again. Everrr!

Anywayyyy... Here's another chapter.
Don't forget to vote and comment.

Your Shady writer.