Chapter 17: Familiar

Yu Karina's POV

Even before I woke up, I felt that something was wrong, as if it there was a void. I couldn't explain it for sure, but I would have my answer the instant I opened my eyes. I turn around just to be able to look to the side and confirm the obvious; I was alone in bed. I sigh and am about to try to sleep again, but I am surprised to notice something about the headboard.

A smile instantly appears on my face. I shouldn't have been surprised after all, but I remained anyway.

"Kim Minjeong... can't you stop surprising me?"

Without taking the smile off my face, I sit on the bed and turn on the lamp so that I can better glimpse, the tray with an apparently well-prepared breakfast. It seemed to have been prepared only a little bit ago, as the coffee was still smoking and the smell of eggs and bacon was quite evident.

My stomach was soon complimenting the meal, before I could even try it. I start to enjoy my breakfast, feeling like it's the first time I've tried things I'm more than used to. Funny how everything looks like a touch better when done with care, right? It is obvious that Minjeong did all this with extreme affection. If someone told me weeks ago that today I would be like this because of a simple breakfast prepared by her, I would probably suggest therapy to anyone.

But totally against Karina from the past, here I am, completely delighted with the treatment I am receiving. And on second thought, it makes sense that I fell in love with her before, if she always treated me like that, it makes perfect sense.

I'm almost done with the meal when something on the television set, right next to the built-in fireplace, catches my eye. I take the last sip of the orange juice, and place it on the tray, pushing it aside. I stand up and when I get closer, I realize that there are some DVDs.

What will be on those DVDs? I'm afraid they're inappropriate things, but I don't think so, apparently Minjeong left them up here for some reason, hoping I would find them and watch them.

They have acronyms on the cover, and one of them makes me more curious for being highlighted: S + K + M = LOVE.

I sit on the edge of the bed right after putting the disk in to watch, the screen goes black for a few seconds, but then the image of a little Shotaro sitting between my legs, on the bed, appears. The smile cannot be contained; I love seeing things from when my son was younger.

"A good day full of love with my beautiful family. Today, my little boy and I came to wake up mommy Karina with coffee in bed."

It's Minjeong's voice, she's the one recording my son and me on the bed. Shotaro looks very busy with something on the tray. My gaze focuses on her, and I smile and wave at the camera.

"Can mama drop that camera for a few minutes and come have coffee with us? What do you think son?"

Shotaro, with a piece of bacon in his mouth, claps his hands excitedly and nods. Minjeong and I laughed. I feel my heart warm with the image of the three of us together in such a beautiful moment, even if simple.

"What my loves want, my loves get." She quickly approaches the bed, joining us, the camera faces down for brief seconds while I hear sounds of pops and laughter from Shotaro. "You are very jealous, boy. This woman is mine too, okay?"

She goes back to recording where we are again, and now a sulky Shotaro is staring at her. I laugh, amusing myself with the clear scene of jealousy of the little one with his mother kissing me, or trying to kiss me.

"Tell mama that I'm all yours now, huh son."

"All ours." Minjeong counters, making the little boy throw himself at me and continue to sulk at her. This seems to amuse her a lot, as she comes over again to kiss me. "And mainly mine..."