12; Biscuit

Yan Chao Xiang looks at the boy who was now dressed in pretty yet simple hanfu the caller was dark blue while the overall cloth was white on the right side a bird was stitch in his sleeves where neatly wrapped with a blue ribbon matching his blue waist band, his hair was braided gently fall over his shoulder. 

Yan Chao Xiang looks at his hanfu it was in straight blue and the collars under shirt were white almost matching the child 

"A-ah, ready master" the child stutters.

"Okay, prepare more clothes for the little one…" he then looks at the kid, "What's your name child?" He asks coldly.

"Um… Mei Lin" 

"For Yan Mei Lin," 

Yan Mei Lin was confused. Was that his father's last name? What was this man's name anyway he didn't dare ask. 

After ordering a lot of clothing he had them sent to the mansion then left the store to enter another one to order stuff for the baby, Yan Chao Xiang didn't know what to buy and so the young master said. 

"One of everything," 

"Sir?" 

"One of everything," 

"Um, yes…?" 

He then orders them to be delivered at the mansion; he was lucky that the original was stupidly rich even more so than the emperor and was a man of unrival talents in business as well as sales. Walking in the market he could see the bun? He is very skinny for a bun then biscuit will do for now. 

The biscuit was looking at the biscuit and skewers sold by the street vendors clearly watering at it, opening his purse he takes out some gold Yuan and offers it to the vendor buying biscuits and skewers. 

"Eat the skewers for now have the biscuits later," 

The little biscuit nodded obediently, gladly eating the skewers, trying to keep up the little biscuits trying to avoid being bumped into and unconsciously he held Yan Chao Xiang hand. Yan Chao Xiang looks at the biscuit stops while gently holding his hand, when the biscuit reaches him he slows down his pace as both walk in the town together buying toys and offering to the servants.

After evening came down and it was time to go home the biscuit fell asleep without the comfort of Yan Chao Xiang lap which caused him to look at the little biscuit that now looks like a kitten. 

After arriving home he held the biscuit over his shoulder while gently holding him so he could rest, Lan Li Ling who was waiting for his husband's heart sank when he saw Yan Chao Xiang with a child.

Unconsciously a slight paranoia struck him, causing him to delay greetings for a while. 

"Um, master?" A maid called forth gently and confused. 

Snapping back to his senses he greets his husband, "good evening and welcome home". 

"Good evening," Yan Chao Xiang greets. "I've bought the things, do you want to see them?" 

Lan Li Ling was confused, he looked at Yan Chao Xiang who then saw his confusion.

"For the baby," 

Finally it clicked, Lan Li Ling smiles he didn't see the things but was informed of the delivery. 

"We can look at early tomorrow, um you must be tired as well as the child" he points at the little one. 

Yan Chao Xiang nods, as he walks inside the mansion with Lan Li Ling following him. He enters a guest room placing the child on the bed and covering him. 

"Um, sorry if this is too imposing, husband but… who is this child?" He asks softly. 

"It's not imposing, you are my wife and also a master of this house," he quietly looks up at him from behind.

Lan Li Ling blushes a bit, "I see" 

"Well he is an illegitimate child from courtesan,"

"Will you be taking in a second wife?" 

"No, you are my one and only and that's good enough," he said putting his hand over his shoulder, Lan Li Ling curiously holding it.

He held Lan Li Ling's hand over his shoulder and gently pulled him closer, the other to stumble forward on his back. Yan Chao Xiang gently turns his lower body that was seated beside the bed causing Lan Li Ling to fall into his lap giving his male wife a gentle and loving kiss. 

"No concubines, no Consort, no second wife, only my wife will do." He said brushing his hand through Lan Li Ling's hair.

Yan Chao Xiang could hear the rapid heartbeats of his wife and didn't know why? Did you say something wrong? Not knowing that Lan Li Ling feels very flustered by his smooth words and voice so much, he feels his little bruised heart might burst.

"I-I will go check on Dumpling!" 

Lan Li Ling got up and ran out the room leaving the dense Yan Chao Xiang confused. Maybe he should be a little more careful with his wife. He was fragile after all.