2. The Witch on Floor 13

Comincia dall'inizio

   "Ricky! Get away from these miscreants!" EJ snapped.

   "They aren't bad... They are my favorite YouTubers!" Ricky smiled, "EJ! Can we keep them, please? They won't take up too much space," Ricky put his arms around Austin and Ally. The five gave EJ puppy eyes. They had been homeless for seven years. They had been through it all. This place was like their home now

   "Ricky, they are not dogs or wild animals. They are homeless and need to be in a shelter, not our hotel..." EJ said.

   "That's right! We are not wild animals," Austin crossed his arms and snorted. He heard something from the corner of his eyes. "Dez! Squirrel!" He said, and they ran after them. Ally rolled her eyes and took a step toward EJ.

   "Look... EJ right," She asked, and EJ glared at her, "We don't have anywhere else to go..."

   "Aren't you 'Celebrities,'" EJ Air quoted Ricky. Bowen had big eyes and was curious as she looked at them, confused, wanting to know the question too.

   "We used to be celebrities... we came to Salt Lake for a performance, but Austin and I got canceled for his parents being racists... we lost everything."

   "But what about Sonic Boom?" Ricky asked.

   "My dad lost it gambling... we didn't have enough money to go back to Miami, and we have been in Salt Lake ever since. It's hard to find a job and get on our feet again. Sometimes Austin and I can perform in town and what little we make feeds us." She explained

   "Yeah, it's hard to find a job... and I have the most experience. I have 500 references," Trish said

   "That sounds... problematic," EJ raised his eyebrow at her. How could she have 500 past jobs?

   "Our YouTube isn't what it used to be... EJ, please, we have each other... we won't be a problem,"

   "They can help us with the hotel," Ricky said, "We can pay them with a roof under their heads and food until we get some income," He said.

   "Yes! I have experience being a store manager since I was 8!

   "I have worked at 50 Hotels!" Trish smiled.

   "Okay, Okay..." EJ sighed, "If you have any drugs or draw any other homeless here, you guys are out," He said, and Ally hugged him. "Why is there a squirrel in here... I had exterminators seal everything and flood out the vents,"

   "Oh, it's just Dez, pet Squrriel Raspberry,"

   "Why is it named Raspberry," EJ asked.

   "Because she likes Raspberries... duh," Trish scoffed and laughed, whistling to bring the boys back into the hall. "Attention! Boys, we are now looking at our boss! We will listen and do what they say so we can stay in our home," Trish said.