Resentment

Someone's POV:

Nothing in this world seems a little bit kind to me. They say that I should be pious with myself, whose today is the same as yesterday. Huhh? As if they are winning Nobel prizes every day and as if they are seamlessly solving fractions and finding the percentage of profit when a shopkeeper buys a watch and sells it by adding his profit to it... without a calculator, mentally. My mathematics professor said that there is always an explosion of laughter in his house whenever he examines my test paper. He said,

"My younger son couldn't stop laughing and couldn't believe that it is a test of a bachelor's student."

Why couldn't he? After all, his father is a professor, that too for mathematics.
Someone should ask them about the root words of English and literary personalities who played the biggest role in the development of the language. Now, now, there would be the biggest insolence in his glory if I'll be the one laughing till my stomach is aching and my heart is content.
________________

Author's POV

The boy, a water bottle in his hand with his bag beside him, sat with a bored expression in the back seat of a car, cursing at his professor for zealously insulting him in the midst of class. He got startled by a car horn indicating that they have arrived home, and he should come out of his thoughts...

Collapsing on a sofa beside his elder cousin sister who scrunched her nose and said,

"Geez, Taehyung, you are stinking, oh god... go and take a shower."

Taehyung still didn't bother with what she said and kept on laying there like a dead body. His cousin herself stood up, stomping her foot, and went away after throwing several curses at him. He looked in her direction, giggling, then marched towards his room.

While on his way, he saw his mother with fast steps, excitedly running down the stairs, with a phone in her hand, and started shouting names of every family member...

What could be the reason for her excitement? Of course, it's not Taehyung coming back from college, Something else .

Taehyung decided to stay and listen about the storm which is going to explode in the middle of the hallway after all members of the family gather in one place.

After a minute or two, everyone was coming from their respective rooms - one from the library, kitchen, terrace - and there were voices like,
'What is it?'
'What happened?'
'What is going on here?'

All of them were curiously looking at Mrs. Kim.

"Ladies and gentlemen, take a deep breath before I reveal the news which is going to make you all jump around. The news is..."

She looked at everyone - Namjoon with unreadable expressions, Jin holding his breath, Yeonjun with the TV remote in his hand, Lisa while biting her nails, Mr. Kim while removing glasses from his eyes, Mr. Jeon with a file in his hand, Mrs. Jeon with a knife and onion, and kids with their toys - all were looking at her curiously.
Then she said,

"Jungkook is coming back tomorrow evening!" she shouted.

'Hah, really?'
'Who told you?'
'Wohooo!'
'Yayyy, Hyung is coming back!' All of them showed their happiness, except

Taehyung.

He scoffed and went upstairs, shaking his head that this is news his family is going crazy about. He wasted his time standing here; he should have gone to his room and taken a shower. He must have been sleeping and dreaming till now if it wasn't for the useless news.
_________________

In the evening, Taehyung came downstairs and went directly to the dining room to satisfy his roaring stomach, only to find that there was no food served for him today. Confusedly, he looked in the direction of the kitchen. It happened daily - everyone had their lunch, and Taehyung's lunch would be placed separately because he eats after he wakes up in the evening. But there was no lunch today. He went towards the kitchen.

There was metal clanking, the grinding sound of the grinder, and two ladies running here and there while maids were busy with their assigned tasks. It didn't take longer for Taehyung to understand that they were preparing for tomorrow. And this was the biggest blow to his fuse right now.

'The h*ck!? Is there a head of state coming tomorrow?'In his furiousness, he threw a vase placed elegantly on a nearby stand and ran away towards the direction of the garden before his mother could catch sight of him, and then he would have to bear tones of beatings.

But luck was something that didn't seem to knock on the doors of Taehyung's life. From the corner of his eye, he could see that his father was bending down to take a paper in his hand. He looked in that direction, and, oh my... his test paper was in his father's hand.
'Oh crap, how did it fall from my pocket?' He cried internally.

His father looked towards the entrance, and Taehyung was standing there. It didn't take long for Taehyung's nerves to convey the message that he should run and run and he did. He could hear his father shouting his name, but he didn't stop and ran where his feet took him. He ran towards Namjoon's room.

"Woa, woa, what is the brat doing here?" Namjoon said suspiciously, looking at Taehyung, who looked like he had just committed a crime, and the COPS are behind him. Well,.... he committed a crime--the other way around.

"Oh, shut up, hyung, and save me from dad," he cried.

"Why? What did you do now?" Namjoon inquired.

"I did nothing; it's because of you I failed the math test. You said you'd teach me, but you didn't. Now look," he blamed Namjoon for his deed.

"Taehyung, wherever you go, there is always a trouble," Namjoon joked.

Namjoon went to check on Mr. Kim and came back.

"Thankfully, Uncle isn't home because he is going out of the city because of work."

Taehyung sighed and looked at Namjoon, then went out, whistling and huming a song.
_________________________
Someone's POV:

While pushing the baggage cart, drained yet excited travelers were eagerly going out to meet their families, including me. As I stepped out, two kids were running enthusiastically towards me. I smiled brightly and spread both of my arms for them to jump in.

"Hyung, I missed you so much."

"I missed you more," they exclaimed.

"No, Lily is lying."

"Andy is lying."

They started bickering.

"Ab, Lily, Andy, you know I bought plenty of things for both of you."
At this point, I didn't have a better idea than this to stop them, and it worked.

I proceeded to meet my other family members who came to pick me up, and they seemed equally excited and delightful as me. All of my cousins and siblings came to pick me up. We went towards the car with all of them talking, laughing, and throwing things at each other. Lily and Andy, sometimes, would fight, but after some time, they would start playing together.

But

In all of them, one was missing, and I know who it is. It's

Taehyung

I last saw him 5 years ago, and after that, I never had any encounter and conversation with him, not even in a phone call. He was the only one who was very attached to me when he was a kid.

Lily and Andy were born after I went abroad and they only talked with me on video calls .

Taehyung must have grown up by now

Let's see
.
.
.
.
To be continue
Do not forget to vote and comment