[The Star-Spangled Man]

Bucky and Elisabeth sat in their apartment as they watched the reveal of the new Captain America. Colleen was sleeping in her mother's arms. Bucky had his hands to his knees as he and Elisabeth stared intently at the TV.

"Did you know Steve Rogers?" the announcer asked.

"I was two years out of West Point when Steve and Libby came back on the scene," Walker replied. "I followed his career very closely as an Avenger. I like to think that I modeled my work after his."

Elisabeth glared at the TV, staring at John Walker. "Don't call me Libby."

"So, you've always wanted to be a hero?" the announcer questioned.

"I liked that what I was doing would make people feel safe. Steve and Libby Rogers were the kind of guy and girl who could do that, he gave me hope." Bucky and Elisabeth tilted their heads, the former with a slightly seething expression and the latter with an obvious sneet. "So, even though I never met him or her, he feels like a brother and she feels like a sister." Bucky pursed his lips and Elisabeth's eyes narrowed further.

"Wow."

Elisabeth turned to Bucky. "We have a certain winged bird to talk to."

"Yes we do," Bucky replied.

"I'll leave Colleen with Yori."

Bucky nodded. "Good idea."

Elisabeth made her way to Yori's apartment and asked if he was willing to watch Colleen. He agreed and Elisabeth and Bucky, who had since joined, said goodbye to their daughter and left.

---

Sam looked at a poster of the new Captain America which read 'CAP IS BACK - JOHN WALKER'.

"Seems like a good guy," Torres commented. "You met him?"

"No," Sam said. "Thanks for doing this on such short notice."

As the two walked away, Torres replied, "Yeah. No sweat. I'm just, uh, finishing up the checklist. You'll be all good to go once you land in Munich." They walked down the metal stairs.

Bucky and Elisabeth stalked up to Sam and said, "Shouldn't have given up the shield."

"Good to see you too, Buck, Libby."

"This is wrong."

"Hey, hey, look, I'm working, all right? So all this outrage is gonna have to wait." The three walked toward a plane.

"You didn't know that was gonna happen?" Bucky asked.

"No, of course I didn't know that was gonna happen. You two think it didn't break my heart to see them march him out there and call him the new Captain America?"

"This isn't what Steve wanted," Elisabeth told him.

"Oh, my God. So, what do you two want me to do? Call America and tell 'em I changed my mind? Huh?" He chuckled. "Yeah, right. It's a great reunion, buddy, Libby, be well."

"You had no right to give up the shield, Sam," Bucky retorted as the three of them stopped.

"Hey. This is what you two are not gonna do. You two aren't gonna come here in your overextended lives and tell me about my rights. It's over, Bucky, Libby. Besides, I have bigger things to deal with now."

"What could be bigger than this?" Elisabeth shot back.

Sam pulled out his phone and showed them a picture of a masked man, the leader of the Flag Smashers. "This guy. His connections with rebel organizations all over Eastern and Central Europe, and he's strong. Too strong."