"And using orange paint are the Gopher hunters, Leshawna, Beth, Owen, Lindsay." Throwing them red guns.

"Waa-hoo! This is awesome, man." Owen cheers. "You also get these stylin' glasses and wicked camo caps. The rest of you are now deer." He points at us and we all just stare at him. 

"Here are your antlers, noses, and little white tails." He chuckles, turning around to shake his hips showing off the tail. I go up and grab my stuff even though I know he's going to throw it I would rather just get it on now.

"Yeah, right. I'm not wearing that." Heather folds her arms. "There's no way I'm a deer." Duncan adds on to the complaining but Chris throws the costume on him anyways to his distaste. I snicker, wiggling my own hips as I look back to the tail.

We go into the woods after everyone puts their stuff on. I walk in front of my group happily. "Why are you so giddy?" Heather questions. "I love hide and seek, this is just different." I smile.

"Right, this may be the lamest thing I've ever done in my life." Gwen sighs out. "Oh, come on, it could be fun." Cody tries to be enthusiastic but the others stare him down so I stand up for him. "I mean he's right, there's no point to be such downers." I place my hands on my hips, but they don't move an inch so I sigh. "We'll see you later, Debbie downers." I wave them goodbye taking Cody by the arm with me.

"I was so psyched to be a deer. I'm small but quick. Lot's of practice from dodging spitballs in math class." Cody smiles but now he's in a wheelchair covered in bandages.

"Why'd you come with me?" Cody suddenly speaks up after we've been walking in silence for a few moments. "Don't think too much into it, love." I nudge him, starting to mess with the trees around me, jumping up to grab onto the leaves up high. 

"That's kinda hard to do." He mumbles, I then halt my movements, standing in front of him. "Here, Cody." I start with a sigh. 

"You obviously still like me right?" I ask in a hypothetical way, of course he nods vigorously. "If you don't flirt with me at all. I'll kiss you after the challenge. Win or lose." I cross my arms. Looking at him dead in the eyes. His eyes go wide as his face turns a bright red. 

"Only. If you don't flirt with me in any kind of way." I repeat myself to make sure I'm clear. He nods, now he's not letting out a peep.

"Start your paintballs! Game on!" Chris yells over the P.A. We make our way through the woods calmly, not seeing anybody so far. 

"I didn't know you were friends with Heather?" Cody finally says something.

 "I guess." I shrug, looking down at my light pink painted nails that Heather did last night.

He went quiet again then spoke up. "I'm gonna go on my own if that's okay?" He turns to me and I nod. "Yeah, I'll catch you later." I smile, both of us go our separate ways.

As I'm going down a path I spot Geoff coming towards my way so I rush behind a bush. I watched him start walking by, he was whistling, not really paying attention to anything around him. But of course I lose my balance as I lean forward and end up tripping from behind the bush falling onto Geoff who balances us out. I chuckle nervously as I look up at him. 

"Awe, you look so cute, dude!" He tells me and I raise a brow, letting go of him. "Um, thanks. But aren't you, y'know... gonna shoot me?" I glance around to see nobody else nearby. "Oh, right." He points the gun at me and I wince, waiting for the pain but it never comes. "I can't do it." He huffs.