1 - Kocho Shinobu

— 1 —

A few days after her arrival in Shells Town, Shinobu eagerly explored the local foods in the island. Her wanderings led her to Food Foo, a restaurant whose reputation lived up to its name. The dishes served were exquisite, though the tea, in her opinion, couldn't rival her own brew. But that was hardly surprising, given the establishment's evident focus on spirits and liquors.

She was taking another sip of her tea when the entrance door swung open, revealing a green-haired man with three swords strapped to his side. Their eyes met, and Shinobu was immediately drawn to the depth and intensity in his gaze. It felt as though he could peer right into her soul. The electric moment of connection seemed to stretch, with neither looking away. However, after what felt like an eternity but was only a minute, the man reached for his sack and headed towards the counter, breaking their gaze.

Shinobu's interest was piqued as the green-haired man ordered, "A bottle for me and one for my friend." The waitress's glance fell on the sack he was dragging behind him.

"He's had a rough day," he added. The waitress opted for discretion, processing his order without any further queries. Shinobu continued to watch him, fully aware that he felt her gaze, but neither of them made an effort to break the silent connection.

From Zoro's perspective, the moment he entered Food Foo, an aura, distinct and unlike anything he'd encountered before, enveloped him. It was soothing, yet strangely unfamiliar. His eyes scanned the room, immediately locking onto its source: a woman with striking dark purple eyes. While she bore a gentle smile, he couldn't shake off the feeling that it served as a facade. She sat secluded in a corner, her table setting starkly contrasting with the rest. To his surprise, she was sipping from what appeared to be a traditional tea set. Since when did Food Foo serve green tea?

As Zoro scrutinized her, he had to admit she was undeniably captivating. The woman was delicate in stature, but her presence was potent. Her black hair, accentuated with hints of purple at the tips, was gracefully pulled into a bun, secured with a butterfly-shaped pin. Her expansive, deep purple eyes radiated innocence, yet there seemed to be a world of experiences behind them.

Her attire was distinctive: a dark purple jacket and hakama pants that clung to her legs, both adorned with intricate butterfly motifs. Over this, she draped her signature white haori that flowed seamlessly, almost giving her the ethereal aura of a butterfly in flight. The haori's design was particularly eye-catching, as it transitioned from pure white to vibrant turquoise, finally fading into a soft pink towards its ends. These colors complemented her sandals, white with purple straps. But what really caught Zoro's attention was the white belt cinched around her waist, from which hung a sword sheath.

The realization struck him. She was a fellow swordsman, a woman no less, a rarity in itself. He broke their shared gaze, turning his attention to the counter to order a drink. However, a soft giggle from the side caught his attention — a young girl, seemingly amused by her own musings.

Shinobu let her gaze wander, observing more interesting people that caught her attention. For example, a certain boy with a straw-hat along with his pink-haired companion, and a woman with red hair who seemed to be observing the marines. As she scanned the room, her attention was drawn back to the green-haired swordsman. A young girl, holding a plate with what appeared to be onigiri, approached him. Shinobu squinted, curious about the brown substance coating them.

"What's this?" the swordsman inquired, echoing Shinobu's own thoughts.

With a proud beam, the girl replied, "Rice balls! For you!"

"You made them yourself?" he continued, an eyebrow raised in surprise.

The girl nodded vigorously, "Mm-hmm!"