4 | Confessions

"You two have been acting off ever since you entered middle school. So, be honest, what's happening at Aldera?"

Izuku froze.

How did he know?

How did he find out?

Thoughts raced through his head, the worst outcomes haunting him. He was scared to tell him, in all honesty. He wasn't sure of what his father would do if he found out what had gone on there.

Hitoshi knew Izuku was sensitive to an extent about this. They couldn't even talk about middle school in their room without him breaking down. He wouldn't cry massively, it was more that he zoned out into a whirling cloud of anxiety.

"It would be better if we sat down for this, Dad." Hitoshi finally said.

The two middle-schoolers sat down, as Hizashi listened in discretely from the kitchen, finishing up their pancakes. The purple-head took a deep breath as he held Izuku close, an arm wrapped around him protectively.

"Please, promise you won't get mad."

Aizawa sighed. "Promise."

What was bad enough that they feared he'd get mad at them?

He looked away, avoiding eye contact. "Well, me and Izuku have been getting.. bullied at school. It's mainly just about our quirk status, but.. sometimes it got more.. " he searched for the right word, "serious."

Shota felt that growing storm cloud of anger again. His children had been bullied for something uncontrollable such as quirk status?

He felt an urge to burn that hellhole of a school down (with a certain rat's help of course) but saved that for another day as he noticed Izuku's silence, his eyes dull as he stared at the ground. He seemed like he wasn't there. Shota needed to ask, not wanting to jump to conclusions.

"Zuku? Are you okay?" He asked, concern evident in his tone.

Hitoshi brushed some of the hair out of Izuku's face. "He's okay, I think. He's just sensitive about this topic right now, Dad."

Aizawa didn't like that answer. That answer meant that whatever went on was so bad that Izuku was sensitive about even talking about it. Now he was really curious about what his children had actually gone through. So far, he knew that Izuku was 'sensitive' about it and it got 'serious' sometimes. He'd leave that for later, maybe asking a few of his friends for their help in shutting that place down.

Though, he wondered if this whole situation had something to do with that ash blonde he had seen talking to them sometimes at the gates. It had seemed harmless at the time, but now he was questioning everything he'd seen happen. Every interaction, every movement, every parent-teacher conference.

After a while, he decided to speak up. "Is that ash blonde a part of it?"

"Yes.. he's the main person.. "

"What does he do?" Shota questioned.

Hitoshi looked away. He didn't know what to tell him. He couldn't just bluntly tell the man that Bakugou hurt him and Izuku physically, but he didn't want to keep quiet either. He felt the weight returning to his shoulders, weighing him down greatly.

Aizawa sensed his unease, intertwining his hand with the purple-head's. Shinsou looked up at him, surprised. He had been too enveloped in his thoughts to notice that the ravenette had moved closer.

Before anyone could say a word, Hizashi walked in. "Breakfast's ready! I made pancakes."

They all got up, the purple-head half-hugging Izuku on the way there. When they reached the dining table, he stopped with Izuku in front of his seat. Gently shaking his shoulder,  the boy snapped out of it.