Unfortunate Events

AUTHORS NOTES
Did I get the title from "The series of unfortunate events" yes. Do I regret it? Not one bit. Anyway hope you enjoy!

This is the last chapter!
—————————————————

NOAH POV

I had been sat in the waiting room for hours, scared, confused, not knowing what the hell was going on. Why wouldn't they tell me?

Why had Cody even done this to himself..? Did I fuck up that badly? Did he hate me? Would he wake up and forget me? He surely couldn't.. he loved me! Right?

He loved me! He must do! He couldn't forget me!

I'd just have to wait and find out.

Did I make him that upset? Is he refusing to speak to me? He could be alive and hate me and break up with me! I broke down crying, I had fucked up.. Cody hated me and Harold didn't give one shit.

I hated life, how could it be so cruel?

While I was crying a bit, a girl came and sat next to me.. Kitty?

"Hey Noah.." she sighed, tears in her eyes. Is she okay?

"Hey Kitty, how come your here too?" I needed to be straight to the point, I was honestly baffled how much of a coincidence this was.

"Emma is having surgery, she broke her arm a few weeks ago and it was a pretty bad break, that's why she was wearing a cast at the battle." Kitty rambled on. Poor Emma!

"Oh, hope she gets better soon!" I smiled at Kitty with tear stained eyes, I never smiled.

Kitty sighed with tears in her eyes, "I'm just scared.. what if she doesn't make it out alive?!"

I patted her on the back, "I know how that feels.." Kitty looked up a bit shocked but wept into my arms, she was nice.

"W-why are you here?" She asked between broken sobs, poor girl.

"It's Cody he..uh- attempted.." It was now my turn to cry, Kitty instantly looked even more upset and hugged me tight while I cried.

"It's going to be okay.." she tried comforting me, it helped a lot. At least someone had my back.. other than Cody of course but I didn't even know when he'd wake up. If he ever does..

"Noah Sterecra?" I looked up to see a kind nurse smiling down at me.. bad timing?

"Yes?.." I asked, I just wanted her to tell me everything was fine.. that Cody was alive.

"I'm sorry to tell you this but he is alive.. although in very critical condition, we have asked him if he would like to see you though he refused." The lady looked down at me empathetically as I cried harder into Kitty's shoulder.

No.. it couldn't be.. did he hate me?

"When can I see him?.." I asked between cries, she looked down at me with a worried expression before replying.

"I'm not sure, it depends if he wants to or not. Hospital policy, sorry kiddo!" I'm not a kid! Who did this bitch think she is?

Kitty felt me tense up and knew I was angry so she squeezed me tight as if to say, "Noah, now is not the time."

I calmed down and smiled back at the woman, "thank you.." I muttered before returning to cry into Kitty's shoulder.

Days passed, days turned into weeks, turning into months and I hadn't heard anything from the hospital, the fuck?

I decided to march right down there and find out if Cody is okay, if they won't ring me I'd have to go to them!

I strode into the hospital, ready to have an argument with some old hag of a reception lady, I did not expect what would actually happen.