Chapter Eight: Not Welcome Home

Hey, there!

SO FREAKING MUCH TIME HAS PASSED SINCE I LAST UPDATED, IT'S CRAZY! :O

Well, I'm back!

Sorry, though, for waiting for so long but I'm here now and the story is ready to go on!

btw, to the side is Sia (the amazing Shelly Hennig!)

So, I started rearding a few stories from you guys, and let me just say that you are amazing writers! If you want me to read your story and give you my feedback, and possibly recommend it to everyone, message me and I'll happily read it!

VOTE AND COMMENT AND ENJOY!

P.S. This chaptes is dedicated to @shannon_loves_horses because let's face it, she's amazing!

__

''How long have I been asleep?''

I rub my eyes, feeling like it's been years. A small smile plays on Hunter's lips. He shrugs, sitting on the bed next to me. ''A few hours.''

''What?'' I groan, sitting up. My legs feel numb and my mouth is drier than an empty well. There's a drummer in my head that just won't stop his goddamn pounding. Hunter shifts. ''I hate to say this, but you should probably go home now. Your mom is really worried.''

All the memories come back. Mom. Mom's sick. Oh God, mom. The tears don't come, though. I won't let them. This time, I'll be strong. For mom.

I nod, swallowing the pain back. The world shifts beneath my feet, but I will myself to continue standing straight. Turning to Hunter, I say. ''You're right.''

I sigh, deciding not to go around the subject and get straight to the point. Walking a few steps to the bed where he's sitting, I sit on it. ''I want to thank you. And say that I'm sorry. When my mom told me-'' I pause, hating the memory that flashed into my mind. ''I didn't know what to do. David wasn't home, and suprisingly, this was the first place I thought of.'' I laugh shortly. Looking down, I try to hide my embarrasment. I don't even know why I came here, to be honest. It isn't like me to run to someone for help or comfort.

My chin is gently lifted up with a hand and my eyes meet Hunter's. He smiles a little. ''Don't be sorry. Even more surprisingly, I actually want you to come when you have something bothering you. As crazy as it sounds,'' He smiles a real one this time. ''I think we can be friends. And this is what friends do.''

Well, smack my butt and call me Sally. Me and Hunter? Friends?

''I think I like that.'' I look at him and finally accept something that I was trying so hard to ignore.

Hunter Meyer is actually a good person.

I don't know what clicks in my brain, or what I'm thinking. But, the next thing I do is reach out and hug Hunter. I'm about to awkwardly pull back because I'm getting no response from him, but then his arms snake around my waist and I'm hugged back. My eyelids fall shut and I enjoy the comfort that he seems to give me.

''I should probably get going.'' I say, pulling back. Hunter looks lost for a second, like I've just waken him up. But, he pulls himself back together. He nods, getting up. ''I'll drive you home.''

''Oh, you don't have to do that.'' Fresh air is probably going to help my thought process right now. ''Do you really think I'd let you walk all by yourself at this hour?'' He raises an eyebrow.

''Honestly, yes.''

''You're right. I really should. Well, make sure to yell 'A helpless girl walking home alone! With no one to protect her!' and wave your phone and wallet in the air as you go.'' He says, clearly amused. I glare at him as we walk to his car. ''Hey, I'm not helpless; I could defend myself. You just haven't seen my moves.''