-I made my daughters go out, because I must talk about something delicate with you, it is something that they are not aware of.

Colin worried, but he knew that no matter what it was he wouldn't leave Pen alone, ever again.

-My dear husband left us a bit financially bad, not to mention his cousin the new Mr. Featherington, so I don't have money to pay you my daughter's dowry, instead I offer a reward. As the only favor Lord Featherington recently left, he signed a power of attorney in which the first son of one of my daughters will be the heir to the title. As you are the third son, you cannot inherit the viscountcy, but your children with my Pen could have a title. My daughter Phillipa had a baby girl a few weeks ago, so the chances are in your favor. What do you think?

-I understand Lady Featherington, but you must know that in no way would I accept a dowry for marrying your daughter, nor the chattel title, that is something that your first grandson can have, regardless of which daughter has it. And don't worry about Prudence's dowry either, as I will be Pen's husband, I can cover that expense without any problem. You should know that I manage my finances well despite being the third child. You won't have to worry about such trifles in the future.

-Well, everything is said, we will do it as you say, Mr. Bridgerton, you will pretend to court her for two months, at the end we will announce the wedding.

Portia asked Pen to return, leaving them alone with the door open, Colin smiled to himself remembering that morning in Scotland.

-What did my mom tell you? -Penelope asked.

- She wanted to talk about the dowry, was worried because she couldn't pay it- Colin said while he was playing with one Pen's hair.

-Oh, if that's a problem, I can pay for it Colin.

He looked at her as if she had said something crazy.

- Hang me! If I allow you to give me even a penny. If anyone had to pay someone something it would be me, for so many headaches and sleepless nights.

-So there is no dowry?

-You already paid for it last night- he winked.

-Colin! -Pen playfully pushed him, both laughing.

-You know what I don't understand- Colin said.

-what? -Pen responded, enthralled with how handsome her fiancé was.

-How the duke surrendered, if it had been me, I would have fought until the second you said I do.

-I didn't understand why he wanted to court me, we have nothing in common.

Colin looked at her again as if she had said something crazy.

-You are intelligent, funny, eloquent, you know a little about everything, your hair, eyes, lips, face, you are perfect. That's why I don't understand it.

Pen was blushing, not even in her wildest fantasies had she imagined that he would think all that about her.

-Maybe he realized that I'm crazy about you.

-maybe.

That night was the Cowper ball, Colin took the Bridgerton carriage to escort the Featheringtons, since he was Penelope's official companion who looked spectacular, a sight for any man, but the third Bridgerton was behaving very strangely. in which it will be apparent that she was his.

They greeted the hosts, Pen felt great satisfaction when she saw Cressida's grimace when she saw them together, it was no secret to anyone that she, like Pen, had a weakness for the third Bridgerton.