The Fox wound was cleaned and bandaged and Ginny let out a sigh. Mrs. Beaver gave the Fox a look. "You're worse than Beaver on bath day."

"Worst day of the year," Mr. Beaver said with a shudder.

The Fox bowed his head towards Ginny. "Thank you for your kindness, but I'm afraid I must be leaving."

"You're leaving?" Susan and Ginny asked.

"It has been a pleasure, my Queens. I have been asked by Aslan himself to gather troops."

"You've seen Aslan!" Mr. Beaver yelled.

"What's he like?" Mrs. Beaver wondered.

The Fox smiled. "Like everything we ever heard. You'll be glad to have him on your side in the battle against the witch."

Susan shook her head and frowned. Peter said, "We're not planning on fighting any witch."

The Fox turned to Peter. "Surely King Peter..."

He was cut off. "We just want to get our brother back."

DUNGEON

Edmund, in chains, was at the White Witch's palace. He attempted to eat the food he was given, but coughed and spit it out because of its taste. He attempted to drink a cup of water, which was frozen. He threw it on the tray.

"Are you gonna eat that?" Mr. Tumnus asked from the other prison.

Edmund gave him the food. "Mr... Tumnus."

"You're Lucy Pevensie's brother."

"I'm Edmund!"

"You have the same nose." Edmund rubbed his nose. "Is your sister all right?" Edmund didn't answer. "Is she safe?"

"I... I don't know!"

The Witch returned as they went back to their places.

"My wolves tore that dam apart," the Witch said. "Your little family and friend were nowhere to be found." She lifted Edmund off the ground. "Where are they?"

"I don't know," Edmund replied.

"Then you are no longer any use to me... Guard."

"Wait they said something about Aslan."

"Aslan? Where?"

"Stranger has only been in Narnia a short..." Mr. Tumnus began as he was hit in the head.

"I left before I could hear anymore... I wanted to see you again," Edmund told her.

"Guard!" the Witch yelled.

"Yes, your majesty," the guard said.

"Release the faun." The guard hit the chains and Tumnus cried out in pain as he was dropped by the Witch. "Do you know why you are here?"

"Because I believe in a free Narnia."

The Witch stared at him coldly. "You're here because he," she pointed at Edmund, "turned you in... for sweeties." She turned to a dwarf and the guard. "Take him upstairs and ready my sleigh; Edmund misses his family and his friend."

ROCK BRIDGE

Their journey continued on and they happened upon a rock bridge. Mr. Beaver said, "Now, Aslan's camp is near the Stone Table, just across the frozen river."

"River?" Susan and Ginny asked in a worried tone.

Mrs. Beaver gave them a reassuring smile. "It's been frozen for over a hundred years."

"It seems so far," Peter commented.

"It's the world, dear. Did you expect it to be small?"

"Smaller," Susan and Ginny mumbled.

They slowly trudged through the snow.

WITCH'S COURTYARD

The dwarf brought Edmund up and he saw Tumnus turned to stone.

"Whenever you are ready Son-of-Adam," the Witch told him.

The sleigh went off into the forest with Edmund looking up at the Witch, both cold and fearful.

NARNIAN TERRAIN

Mr. Beaver turned to them and said, "Come on, before we're old."

Peter frowned. "If he tells me to hurry up one more time, I'm going to turn him into a big fluffy hat."

Ginny laughed softly at his annoyance.

Mr. Beaver continued. "Hurry up, Son of Adam. We don't have all day."

"He is getting kind of bossy," Lucy said as Peter lifted her onto his back.

Peter glanced at Ginny. "Are you all right?"

Ginny shrugged. "I'm not sure honestly. Are you all right?"

"I will be when we get my brother back."

"I have a feeling we will."

They heard bells ringing. "It's her! Run!" Mr. Beaver yelled, darting off. He then called out to them, "Quick! In here!"

They dove under a giant rock and waited in silence.

A few moments later, Ginny said quietly, "I think she be gone, but be on guard in case she hasn't."

"I suppose I'll look," Peter decided.

Mr. Beaver shook his head. "No. You're no good to Narnia dead."

"Neither are you, Beaver," Mrs. Beaver said.

"Thanks, sweetheart!" He scrambled to the top.

Mr. Beaver left to investigate the mysterious sleigh with bells.