Arrival

"We are forever bound to those with whom we share blood; this can be our biggest weakness or our greatest strength"- Queen Alicent Hightower

104 AC

The sky was black; there was not a star in the sky; no light shone through the darkness; only the storm

The only thing that broke the vast emptiness was the roaring of thunder, blinding flashes of light, and the sharp cracking noise that pierced through the raging winds.

The seas quaked as waves swallowed ships and hammered boulders into submission. Rain poured down from the sky, falling on the sleeping city.

The halls of the red keep were hunted by the screams of agony of a woman. The deafening screams had been going on for two hours as the castle was ripe with tension.

All the servants were tense and stiff; no one was talking; it was as though the screams had destroyed any desire they had to communicate, as though all they wanted was to keep their heads low and have the calamity pass as fast as possible.

AAH AAH AAH

The agony-filled screams of the woman continued to rage through the keep until they came to a deathly stop, and the keep was plunged into silence.

Until the mighty cries of an infant broke the silence, his cries were so loud and proud that it was as if he were trying to match the raging skies themselves.

Alicent Pov

I was feeling weak; my hands and eyes felt heavy as my laboured breaths hummed through the room.

In front of me, the grand maester held my roaring child, cleaning him. I wanted to tell him to give me the baby, but my mouth felt dry and my words couldn't leave my throat. It seemed that I didn't even have the energy to talk, so I kept watching the maester with as much vigilance as I could muster.

Slowly but surely, my body started to feel better as I was beginning to get some of my energy back, but before I could motion for the master to bring the child to me, he walked towards me with a smile on his face and said, "It's a healthy boy, you grace, I shall send word to the king at once. He spoke in an ambivalent voice as he moved to give me the child before leaving the room, leaving me with only the maids and my son.

I gazed down at the boy and noticed his hair was silky long and black like mine, but he slowly opened his eyes, and there I saw the blood of the dragon. His eyes were a deep violet colour, and I could see sparks of intelligence in them; they looked to be looking at me with curiosity and wonder. I felt a warm, soothing sensation spread through my body as I cradled my son, my first son. Looking at him, I could see he seemed to be puzzled. It may be my own imagination, but I couldn't help but want to pique his curiosity, so I whispered to him, "Hello little one, I'm your mother, Alicent Hightower, and you are... Aemon, yes, you are Aemon Targaryen, my firstborn son, I said in a gentle tone.

Waaaw wawwwa waaww

The baby began to cry loudly and uncontrollably. Maids rushed to take him from me, but I motioned for them to stop. I kept rocking him until he seemed to exhaust himself and fall asleep, and then I let the maids take him as I fell into my own slumber.

The end