I turned around and pressed my lips together. Could Matt be right? Could Ben really have a crush on me? And how could I not notice that.
When I sat down with the boys again, they laughed. So, have you asked yet?" asked Nick. "No, I'll meet him later at his house. And I take back everything I said to you yesterday, matt. Maybe you're right." I said.

Of course I am." He said and grinned. His laugh made me laugh too.

--

I rang Ben's doorbell, I had picked him up here once but I had never been in the house. When he opened the door he grinned broadly.

"Heyyy, come in." He said. "My parents aren't here, so we can make ourselves comfortable in the living room." He was badly high, you could tell. 

He offered me a coke and I accepted. We sat down on the sofa and talked. At the beginning we sat apart but with the time he had sat closer and closer to me.

When he made me laugh with a story, he stroked a strand of hair behind my ear with his fingers. Then I cleared my throat.

"I have to ask you something, Ben, and I hope you'll be honest with me."

"I wouldn't lie to you." He said and looked at me as if I were the most precious jewel there would be.

That look was familiar but I didn't know where it came from but I was sure that the other look made me feel better than Ben's.

"So I don't think so but my friends say that you would like me." I said and laughed as if it was just a casual thing.

He looked away from me and grinned ironically. He seemed to be thinking about what to answer and after every second he didn't answer I became more restless.

Then he started talking. "You know what, fuck it. Yes, Aurora. I think you're great."

I looked at him in surprise. What could I say to that? I didn't feel anything for him, not one bit.

When he realized that I didn't say anything, he continued. "I know I am not the man of your dreams, but you are the girl of my dreams. I know I could make you happy."

He waved his hands around and I didn't know how to react.

"And not only do I think you're great, I think I love you. You are so much like me and you understand me and don't judge me. I know we've only known each other for a few weeks but it feels real."

I interrupted him. "I'm sorry Ben but I don't feel it." I looked down. But I knew he was looking at me.

I felt bad. He was a great guy but there is nothing more than friendship.

"Is it because I'm smoking pot and I've been in withdrawal? I mean, I can stop, maybe not right away, but-"

"Ben, stop. It's not the pot. It- I- I can't." I said without looking at him, I felt too guilty.

"It's Matt, isn't it?" he asked angrily and I quickly looked up at him.

"What? NO? What does he have to do with it?" I asked and he laughed.

"The guy has a crush on you," he said.

Matt and have a crush on me? No, never. 

"He doesn't."

"He sure does."

"You know what Ben, it's better if I go now." I said, picking up my bag and standing up.

When I ran to the door, he followed me.

"No, I'm sorry. I take it back. Please stay."