𝟎𝟓: 𝐁𝐮𝐭 𝐓𝐡𝐚𝐭'𝐬 𝐒𝐨 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐲

Start from the beginning

"Think," Robbie ordered, pointing at her.

"And lights go," Mr. Reed told Sinjin.

Sinjin shined the lights on Beck.

"I don't know," Tori cried out.

"It's okay that you don't know," Beck told her.

"But you deserve an answer," Tori told him.

"I can wait," Beck replied. "For you, I would wait a thousand years."

"But that's so many," Tori replied.

Penelope noticed that Jade was preoccupied with her phone.

"I know I'm poor. I know I don't have much to offer but...I do love you," Beck said.

Tori looked away as she asked, "Because I'm beautiful?"

"I don't love you because you're beautiful," Beck stated. He turned her around, "You're beautiful because I love you."

"Whoa," Tori replied.

Penelope rolled her eyes and looked at her script.

Disco music turn on and Penelope did not jump a little at that. She did not.

Jade screamed at Sinjin, "What up with disco?"

"I'm sorry," Sinjin said. "I hit the wrong thing."

Jade retorted, "No, fifteen years ago, your mother gave birth to the wrong thing!"

Penelope giggled at that.

Mr. Reed texted on his phone before saying, "All right, why don't we take a break? Tori, Beck, you guys were great. Really nice stuff."

"Thanks," Tori said.

"How was I?" asked Robbie.

"I've seen worse," Mr. Reed replied.

Jade got a text and she said, "Uh, guys, guys, everyone shut up a second."

"Watcha got?" asked Beck.

"An e-mail from Principal Eichner," Jade told him.

"That says?" prompted Tori.

Jade gave her a glare before reading, "'To all students involved in our school's production of Uptown, Downtown, Sofia Michelle will be in Los Angeles the weekend of the 17th and will be personally attending your opening night performance.'"

"Oh my god," Mr. Reed said. He ran out of with his hand on his stomach.

"Who's Sofia Michelle?" asked Tori.

"Oh, no, no, no," said Jade, taking Beck's hand and dragging him to a chair. She sat down.

"What?" asked Tori again.

Penelope asked, "How do you get the leading role but not know who Sofia Michelle is?"

Tori asked, "Wait, is she the lady who does those infomercials with the vibrating hairbrush?" She grew more excited as she spoke.

"I love that hairbrush," Sinjin commented.

Penelope angled her head to look at the weird boy before looking at Tori to explain, "Sofia Michelle is the woman who wrote the play that you're leading."

"Oh," Tori replied.

"Oh," Jade mimicked, going back to her phone to probably leave a status update her The Slap profile.

"She's like the biggest playwright on Broadway," Robbie explained to Tori.

Mr. Reed came into class drinking a bottle of water and said, "All right, you guys, we knew we had to be great, now we have to be perfect. We are not gonna disappoint Sofia Michelle."