𝟎𝟒: 𝐓𝐨𝐨𝐤 𝐚𝐧 𝐀𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐨 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐧𝐝

Start from the beginning

"Good," Penelope said. "It repels the people that I hate."

"Jade's just grouchy 'cause she just got stung by a bee," Beck explained.

"See that?" complained André, "Everybody but me. Come on, bees. What's a guy gotta do to get stung?"

"Go piss off the hive, then you'll get stung," Penelope told him.

"Ooh, script pages?" said Tori, reaching over and taking the script pages.

Penelope snatched it from her and handed it to Beck, "It's not for you."

Tori asked, "You're auditioning for a play?"

"Sort of," replied Beck. "It's a movie."

"That's go great." Tori asked, "What movie?"

"I'm taking your pickle," Jade said, taking the pickle and biting it. She gave Tori a smug smile.

André asked, "What movie?"

"A movie called Miss Fire," Beck explained. "It's about this woman cop who gets fired and then goes on this crazy rampage."

"That's so cool," Tori asked. "Who plays the woman cop?"

"Melinda Murray," Beck answered.

"Shut up!" said André.

"You're gonna star with Melinda Murray in a movie," said Tori, sounding impressed.

Penelope and Isadora had grown up hearing stories about their dad, Daniel's, acting gigs. He had starred in a movie with Melinda Murray when he was around eighteen or nineteen. The stories that he told them were not very pleasant because he described working with Melinda Murray as a 'living hell'.

Melinda had 'corrected' Daniel's lines during shoots so they either sounded better or awful. She made them retake several scenes. She threatened to fire people because it had to be her way or the highway. Melinda even had Daniel film a drowning scene way too many times so he can get the fatigue just right. Daniel almost quit acting because of her, but he continued anyway. Daniel had joked that working with Melinda had given him some minor PTSD, but just the name 'Melinda Murray' alone made Daniel look like he was having war flashbacks.

Penelope knew that Melinda Murray had been divorced, but Penelope liked to think that Melinda's husband was the one who divorced her.

"Well, I'll be playing waiter number one, and I only have two lines," Beck explained. "That's if I get the part."

"You'll get it," Penelope told him.

"So where's the script?" Tori said, "I wanna read it."

"That's not how it works," Penelope told her. "You can't just read the whole script whenever you want."

"You don't get the whole script unless you get the part. They only give you a few pages to audition with," Beck said.

"Or they give you bits and pieces so you're acting in the dark," Penelope told her. "You know, not to spoil the twist ending or to get a genuine reaction."

"Ow!" cried a girl. "I just got stung by a bee." She was looking at her arm.

"Oh! Her? Really?" exclaimed André, standing up.

Why was he so hard up on being stung? Penelope hadn't been stung either. She stepped on a yellow jacket with her barefoot once though.

 She stepped on a yellow jacket with her barefoot once though