"That would be great!" But before I could say any more, I saw Arthur's head poking into the lobby, looking around for us. I waved softly to him, and it was enough to get his attention, making his way over to us.

"That was intense," he announced in greeting. "Has it been like that all day?"

"Yeah," Lorenzo confirmed. "The barrier wasn't set up when Charles and I arrived earlier, it was nuts."

"No one is going to get any privacy this weekend, that's for sure. The fans will have every moment captured," Arthur observed.

Lorenzo checked his watch. "Alright you two, why don't you head up to the room to rest for a bit. Arthur, meet me down here at 5:30 so we can head out to our first meeting."

"Oh, umm," Arthur started. "Is it possible for Emmy to come to some of the meetings?"

Lorenzo sighed deeply. "I don't think that's a good idea. Nothing against you, Emmy," he said looking at me quickly. "I just want to make sure that the sponsors see you as being buttoned up and professional. And I don't think bringing your girlfriend fits into that."

I could see Arthur getting annoyed, but before he could say anything I jumped in. "I totally get it! Don't worry Lorenzo, I'm more than capable of entertaining myself for a few days."

Arthur definitely wanted to argue, but I grabbed his hand and squeezed it tightly. He looked down and then at me, before letting out a breath. "Okay, you're right. The Leclerc brothers fly solo."

Lorenzo laughed and the corners of my lips turned up.

"Be here at 5:30, Arthur. I mean it," Lorenzo said and then left us.

As we waited for the elevator Arthur turned to me, "You're 100% sure that you don't mind me going to these meetings? I feel bad I brought you all the way here and we're barely going to spend time together."

"It's okay Arthur, I promise. I obviously want to spend time with you, but like I said earlier. You have to work, and I get that. This is too important for your career."

"Okay, fine," he relented as we stepped onto the elevator. "Maybe you can hang out with Charles a bit too? I don't think he's coming to all these meetings with us."

There was nothing I wanted to do less than hang out with Charles Leclerc. 

It had been about two weeks since the party in Milan and the nauseous ball in my stomach was just starting to go away. 

I had decided, definitively, that Charles had just been drunk and confused. He'd seemed stricken before Pierre and Kika found us, expressing immediate guilt. 

I was confident that it wouldn't happen again, and I could put this behind us. But that didn't mean I wanted to spend time with him, particularly alone time.

"Oh, we don't have to bother Charles," I insisted. "I'm perfectly fine on my own. The fine arts museum is just down the street, and they're supposed to have an amazing botanical garden - plus the mountain! And if all else fails, there's room service and bubble baths."

"Urg. Bubble baths," Arthur moaned. "You're killing me here, pretty girl."

I giggled and leant in to kiss him gently before moving my lips to his ear, "Well, if you're good, maybe I'll send you some live updates from the bath to get through your meetings."

+++

Arthur hadn't been kidding when he said Lorenzo had packed his calendar. After their meeting on Wednesday night, they'd had a breakfast meeting that had lasted until lunch, drinks that turned into dinner and another breakfast meeting on Friday morning.