003. ☀️ the ministers box

💐 goblet of fire

💐 goblet of fire.
the quidditch world cup.

🌻 When Marigold had finally finished visiting the strangers she had made the detour to help without slopping the water down her front (they were very grateful and offered to make her a cup of tea), she tried to return back to her tent without making any detours.

But the lopsided merch stalls and apparating stands were too tempting to pass up. Various vendors from all across the world were selling what ranged from the colourful flags of Ireland and Bulgaria, (many with their own special additions such as making them sing the names of the players or the national anthem), to candy and food stalls which filled the air with a sort of syrupy sweet delight that you could only find at fairgrounds. A witch with a stuffed falcon perched on her shoulder was offering up samples of jelly newts, and a wizard wearing a bikini at a poor attempt to blend in with the muggle clothing was selling toy miniatures of the players.

"Mini Troy and Mini Krum! Put them in front of each other and they'll start to fight!"

"Edible snitches, over here! Come grab them before they fly away! Two sickles for five!"

"Zoom in glasses - never miss a play!"

"Edible face paint - fun for showing your colours, and a trick for your friends!"

"Do you want to buy some illegal fireworks?!"

Marigold felt like a kid in a candy store. Just by the look of her, you could tell she was incredibly privileged. She carried herself with a sort of grace and elegance which screamed old money, as if the diamonds resting along her collarbone didn't speak for themself.

Though she was quite taken with Krum and impressed by his talent, Marigold made sure to purchase as much Irish merchandise as she could get her hands on. He was undoubtedly an amazing seeker, but Marigold wanted to support the country still in the UK and which they lived so close to.