My eyes glistened and before I could realise I was shedding tears. His words were nothing but daggers to my heart. If he doesn't want a wife then why is he here? If he is still in love then why-

"Do- do you still love her? Your ex? Is it that's why? You- you won't marry me?" I asked looking at his pure brown eyes.

He looked at me with a dark gaze on the mention of her name. Like I had strung a nerve.

"None of your business but Even if she was alive, I would have never glanced at her." He said in no nonsense tone.

"I hope I'm not disturbing hukum. Actually everyone is waiting for you in hall. If you're done so can you please join us for dinner." Badi maa said standing near the entrance.

"Sure. We're done." he said and walked away with badi maa leaving me alone here.

What deal am I signing off myself into?

His family considers me just a baby provider?

So they are worse than my own family?

And if he doesn't love his ex anymore then why is he so against this marriage?

I thought all this and let my tears fall.
Hopefully no one saw me crying and I quickly wiped my tears.

If he doesn't want this then why would I say yes to it?

Hey bhagwan, why me? I thought finally my crush is becoming my husband and everything will be all bollywood-y but aapne toh zindagi badal di, jasbaat badal diye.

I went inside and put on my fake sunshiny smile as always and tried to make it look like everything is okay.

"Noor bache, I was about to call you. Where were you? Come have dinner. " Nandini aunty said in a worried tone.

"Jii"
'Don't come in their trap Noor. They are just being sweet to you because they find their means in me. They just look at me as a baby producing machine.'

Me and Nandini aunty went inside the dining hall and noticed that everybody has settled down and had started eating already.
Wow they didn't even wait for me.

"Are you happy now? Aagyi Noor! Now come have a seat Nandini." Rudra uncle said.
Oh so she was genuinely worried about me? No no no she can't be. They are all mean. Afterall he is their son, their blood.
She is just trying to pretend that she cares about me.

I took a seat exactly opposite to Ansh and bhaiya to my right and Vanie to my left.
We all had dinner while everyone engaged themselves in talking about current affairs. Where as, me.... I was just lost.
What is happening God? What should I do? Help me!!!

"Noor bete if you don't mind can I talk to you  alone after dinner." Rudra uncle said in very heavy and stern tone which brought me back to earth and I nod absent-mindedly.

Wait!! What?? Why does he want to talk alone? Shit Noor and you just-
This family is really intimidating. Urghhh!

We completed our dinner and then Rudra uncle walked out with me to our pool area. My fingers were trembling and fidgeting. It was clearly visible how nervous I was.
Say something uncle!! Dono baap bete ek jaise h! Oh shit now will he also drop some bomb like him? I looked down and waited for him to talk.
[Both father and son are alike]

"Uhmm Noor! I know my son is a fool and might have said something really hurtful to you. I know you're smiling and pretending that everything is okay because-" and uncle lifted my face by placing a finger on my chin which felt a very fatherly touch and continued- "because bache I don't know if someone has ever told you this but when one has hazel eyes, we can see their expanded or diluted pupils. And I can clearly see you are hurt. You don't have to pretend around us. Around Me."
My eyes glistened after listening his words. No uncle nobody has ever noticed. I know my mom and dad loves me a lot but not even they could look through my eyes.