8

**Norris' POV**

It's been a few days after mine and Karev's screaming match in my drivers room. Japan went worse than I'd of hoped. I finished down in P8 with Oscar in P5.

I've just got to my hotel room on Sunday night when I get a call, "Andrea hello, everything okay?"

"What the fuck did you do?" He screams down the phone.

"What?" I reply confused, heading out into the balcony.

He lets out an exasperated sight, "Karev is gone. Handed me her notice with immediate effect. Cited a hostile work environment."

"What's that got to do with me?!" I try to defend myself. Surely I haven't made her leave.

"It's got everything to do with you and you know it." Andrea snaps back, his words cutting through me.

"She's the one who went off on me Andrea, came into my room screaming about sacrifices and manners." I try to keep myself level headed and not jump to conclusions, but it doesn't work.

"Lando do you have any idea how much shit you put that woman through?! She was going to snap sooner or later." He responds abruptly, causing me to lose my temper.

"What's that meant to mean exactly?!" I raise my voice slightly. Not liking what he's accusing me of.

"You know exactly what I mean. We all know you hate her, god knows why, I'm not even sure I want to know. But it's common knowledge." He pauses for a second, taking a deep breath. "We all have to work with people we don't like, including you. Now fix it."

"And why would I do that?!" I shout down the phone, unable to contain my anger any longer.

"I didn't want to have to do this, your contract is up with us at the end of this year. If you want to keep your seat with McLaren for the foreseeable future I highly suggest you fix the mess that you have caused." Andrea threatens calmly, too calmly for my liking.

"You can't do that!" I throw my hands in the air, pacing the balcony in the brisk evening air.

"I can and I will. She's our chief strategist, one of the best. We are well and truly fucked without her. Now fix it. I won't ask you again." He responds with the same calmness, before hanging up.

What the fuck just happened? Why is Andrea pinning this on me? I was a bit of a cunt to her sometimes granted, but it's not completely my fault... is it?

I continue to pace the balcony and try and figure out a way of sorting all this out but to no avail. I head back inside and sit down on the end of my bed and it hits me, so I pick up my phone and ring the one person who could help me sort this out.

"Sainz, I need a favour." I plead, resting my head in my hands.

The line is quiet for a moment, "Go on."

"You're pretty close to Karev right?" I ask, the words stammering out of my mouth.

"Lili?" He replies curiously, wondering why I'm asking such a question. "I used to be, I don't really see her anymore now she's not my strategist. Why?"

"Do you know where she lives?" I implore, if anyone knows where she is it's Carlos.

"Lisbon." He chuckles, not understanding the gravity of my situation.

I let out a large sigh out of frustration. "I know that. Do you know her address?"

"Yes, what's this all about Lando?" He questions suspiciously, I can't see his face but I can guarantee he's pulling a meme worthy one.

"I've fucked up mate, she's gone." I exhale, trying to calm my pounding heartbeat.

"What do you mean she's gone? Gone where?" He asks concerned, finally understanding the gravity of the situation I've got myself in.

I pause for a moment trying to figure out how I'm going to tell him the events of the recent days, "We had an argument in Japan. She left Carlos, put her notice in and left."

"What did you say to her that was so bad she left?" He quizzes, I can tell he's angry, even though he's doing his best to hide it.

"I don't even know." I mutter, that's true, I don't know the exact words I said to make her leave. "But Andrea is holding me responsible, says if I don't fix it my seat is on the line."

The line once again goes quiet for a while, and what feels like an eternity later he finally responds. "I'm sending you her address now. You better fix this mate. For your own sake."