"Oh, it's just 'cause her parents died. Yeah, I mean, she's just totally going through a blah phase. She used to be way more fun. And I say that with complete sensitivity" Caroline told Damon about Elena.

"I'm sorry, Elena. I know what it's like to lose both your parents. In fact, Stefan and I have watched almost every single person we've ever cared about die" Damon said as he turned back to Elena.

"We don't need to get into that right now, Damon" said Stefan as Ophelia went to sit on his lap, burying her face in his neck. Stefan wraps his arms around her waist, giving a kiss on top of the girl's head once he had finished his sentence.

"Oh, you know what, you're right, Stef. I'm sorry. The last thing I wanted to do was bring her up. Mmm" Damon said as he stared at Stefan and Ophelia acting like a couple.

✦ヽ*☆°•

Elena and Damon were in the kitchen. Damon was telling the Gilbert girl about Katherine.

"So which one of you dated her first?" the Gilbert asked.

"Nicely deduced. Ask Stefan. I'm sure his answer differs from mine. I'd quit cheerleading if I were you" the older Salvatore told the brunette girl.

"Why do you say that?" questioned Elena.

"Oh, I saw you at practice. You looked miserable."

"You saw that?" Elena blushed with embarrasment.

"Am I wrong?"

"I used to love it. It was fun. Things are different this year. Everything that used to matter, doesn't anymore" the brunette Gilbert said.

"So don't let it. Quit, move on. Problem solved. Ta-da" Damon told the brunette.

✦ヽ*☆°•

Back in Elena's living room, Caroline was going on about something again. And Ophelia had fallen asleep on Stefan's lap, being comforted by his embrace.

"Matt tries, but he's just having a really hard time. You have to understand that they were each other's first. You know, like, from the sandbox" Caroline ranted.

"That's a really nice scarf" Stefan suddenly said.

"Mm. Thank you, it's new"

"Can I see it? I mean, would you mind taking it off?"

"Oh, I can't"

"Why not? You ok?"

"Um...All I know is that I can't take it off" Caroline said, looking down at the floor.

"What are you two kids talking about?" asked Damon as he walked into the living room.

"I was just commenting on her scarf" Stefan answered his brother.

"Hmm. Hey, you know, um, Elena and Bonnie are finishing up the dishes. Why don't you go see if you can help?" Damon turned to Caroline.

"Does it look like I do dishes?" the blonde girl answered sassily.

"For me?"

"Hmm...I don't think so"

Damon looked Caroline in her eyes and compelled her: "Go see if Elena needs help in the kitchen."

"You know what? I'm gonna go see if Elena needs some help in the kitchen" Caroline said under Damon's compulsion.

"Great" Damon said as he watched the blonde girl go to the kitchen before turning to Stefan and Ophelia who's asleep.

"I assume Ophelia's asleep. Well I know that from her steady heartbeat" the older Salvatore said.

"They are people, Damon. She's not a puppet. She doesn't exist for your amusement, for you to feed on whenever you want to" the younger Salvatore said, deciding to ignore Damon's comment about Ophelia.

"Sure she does. They all do. They're whatever I want them to be. They're mine for the taking"

"All right, you've had your fun. You used Caroline, you got to meet Elena, good for you. Now it's time for you to go" Stefan hugged the girl on his lap closer.

"You know, you're not the only one with secrets. The girl on your lap also has her own secret" Damon told his little brother.

"What do you mean?"

"The Monroe family is full of witches, brother. And Ophelia is one. And that also means she knew what you were the minute she touched you for the first time"

✦ヽ*☆°•

The next say there's a football game. Ophelia is walking towards Stefan in her cheerleading uniform.

"Ooh. Look at you. You look hot in your jersey" she said as she reached the Salvatore boy.

"And look at you in your cheerleading uniform. You look cute. And hot" Stefan said as he wrapped his arms around her waist.

"I hope you don't think this is too soon or too weird, but...I, uh, I wanted you to have this" Stefan pulled out a box and opened it. Inside of the box was an gorgeous necklace. The necklace was silver and it had a butterfly pendant.

"It's gorgeous. Can you help me put it on?"

"Of course" Ophelia turned around and lifted her hair out of the way. Stefan put the necklace around her neck carefully and after it was on Ophelia turned back towards him.

"I love it. Thank you" Ophelia thanked Stefan. She got on her tippy toes and kissed his cheek.

"I have to go warm up now, sweetheart" Stefan told the girl.

"Same. Good luck on your game, I'll be cheering for you" Ophelia said.

Stefan decided to make a move before she had the chance to walk away. He grabbed her waist and kissed her.

The move did shock Ophelia but she quickly kissed him back, happy that he made a move on her.

Once they separated from eachother, they both had goofy grins on their faces.

"One more kiss for good luck" Stefan said and kissed Ophelia once more.

[a/n:] surprise! an extra update for this week :) left on kind of a cliffhanger and the next chapter will be published according to my updating schedule