04

"They always gotta be standing outside like that?"I yawned as I made my way downstairs before I glanced up at my mom who was staring out the window making me giggle before I walked into the kitchen to greet Levi with a kiss on the cheek as I watched him lick his blunt sealing it shut.

This was my mom's morning routine for the past 3 months, looking at the neighbors in disgust through the cracks of the blinds.

"Ma, you going to give yourself a heart attack."Levi  nonchalantly responded as he stared at his blunt checking to see that it was secured.

"Levi, you finished all the milk."I muttered as I stared at the empty fridge, Levi always rummaged the fridge and finished the food whenever he had smoked some weed.

"They wouldn't be bothering me if they wouldn't be standing like that. Levi, they're such young men."My mom said as she shut the blinds angrily and marched over to the kitchen.

"You better not smoke that in my house, Levi."My mom sternly muttered as she grabbed his blunt and tossed it in the bin.

"Ma!?"Levi exclaimed in shock as he stared at the bin in horror.

"No, child of mine is doing drugs."My mom responded as she wriggled her finger at him.

"Ma, weed is from the Earth. It was meant for human consumption."

"Ooh big boy Levi used a big word today."I sarcastically responded making throw his lighter at me making me gasp as it hit my chest and slid down to the ground.

I grumbled before I took the lighter and tossed it in the trash.

"Why are you both throwing my shit?"he asked as he walked the trash and fished out his lighter as well as the blunt making me groan in disgust.

"Ewww."I dragged out as I scrunched my face at him.

"Levi--"

"Mama, it ain't for me. It's for Isaac. I gotta go, see yall."Levi briefly explained as he kissed both our cheeks before he walked out the kitchen and left the house making me roll my eyes.

"Good morning, mommy."I greeted as I looked at her frowning in frustration. 

"Good morning, baby. Leila, You make sure you don't ever talk to those thugs. I don't want you getting caught up. Men are dangerous and tempting human beings that scheme and before you know it's you're pregnant."she explained and suddenly clapped her hand at 'pregnant' as if it was a trap which made me laugh before I nodded my head.

"I won't. Mommy, Levi finished the milk. You want me to go to the store?"I asked as I looked up at her making her nod her head.

"He ate all my eggs too."She grumbled as she rolled her eyes making me giggle.

"LJ, c'mere."She suddenly muttered making me smile and walk towards her making her take my hands.

"I love you and I am proud of you."She muttered making me smile hard before I pulled her into a hug.

"I love you too, mommy. One day, I am going to make you proud of me more than you are now."I responded making her smile before she placed her hand on my cheek and pecked my lips before she nodded.

"Good. I love you and your bum brother Levi."She joked as she grabbed a couple of notes from her bra and handed them to me.

"Milk, Eggs and a scratch ticket."she simply listed making me nod my head before I slipped on my shoes and began to walk to the store.

When I was halfway through my route Junebug cycled his mini tricycle right next to me making me glance down at him a couple of times.

"Goodmorning, June."I greeted as I stopped dead on my tracks and looked down at him.