CHAPTER 2: Codename, Red Rose

Maximus Enriquez

"Trevor Smith and the Irene Moore is dating..." Confusion hits me as soon as my lips let the words out when I read this online article heading.

'They are seen together, strolling in the street of Golden Avenue. They are rumors that they are going to be married this year. Coming from the rumored stylist of the family Moore.' As the article says.

What happened to him? Hindi siya ganito noon. I saw his sincerity, faithfulness, and love to my grandson with my very own eyes. This picture of them both him and this Moore girl, holding hands while walking seems too odd. Hindi ganito ang aura ni Trevor. Or, maybe he's just playing his game so well? I will keep my eye on you, Smith.

It's been only a month since we moved in here in California. For Maxim's good. Hindi namann tumutol ang aking apo. I see it, he's still drowning on his taught. That's why we are doing everything to keep him on the right track.

I closed the article after a couple of minutes staring at it. Hindi ko pa rin maintindihan. Kung bakit ganito kabilis magbago si Trevor. Saksi ako sa pagmahahalan nilang dalawa. I can't forgive myself if he's really just faking it to take an advantage on us, Motisi. Hindi ko mapapatawad ang sarili ko to not knowing his true motive early. Bago niya pa masaktan ang apo ko.

"Maxwell, my apo! So glad you picked up 'nak..." I said while smiling then making myself comfortable in my seat.

"Of course, lolo dad. What's the matter? Is there a problem lolo dad that I can help you with?" My sweet and caring Maxwell. I'm just so blessed to have them.

He's Maxwell Enriquez Joules. One of the sons of my youngest, my lady, my Maxie. Ang sakit sa ulo ko noon. Natatawa na lang ako everytime I remember how naughty Maxie was. He's really a pain to my ass but look now, I have a grandsons to him.

"I have sent you the article I am reading just now..." Turan ko as I send the article to him. "I just want you to look at it and take a close inspection of it. Then look these new pictures I'll be sending to you, okay son?" I said as I send the pictures of Maxim and Trevor together.

"Okay, lolo dad. I'm on it." Turan niya na kinangiti ko.

"Thank you, son." Pagpapasalamat ko sa kany and I put down my phone. To get some freshly baked cookies and fresh milk.

"Lolo dad? Are you still there?" Rinig ko sa kabilang linya so kinuha ko agad ang telepono ko.

"Yes, 'nak..." I answered.

"Please look at your computer, lolo dad. I'll have something to show." Turan ng aking apo so I did. Then kusa nang may nag-pop up sa computer ko. Which is both pictures I sent to him a while ago.

"Here lolo dad, as you can see..." Turan niya then his presentation moves to zoom in Smith and Moore photo. "...He's losing weight. Unlike with this picture..." He said the zoomed in Maxim and Trevors pictures. "Ilang months ang pagitan ng mga pictures na 'to, lolo dad?" Tanong niya pa. "Just a month, apo." Mabilis kong sagot.

"Okay. So, with this recent picture, his weight loss is really evident. Then his skin is a little bit yellowish with his eyes." Paliwanag pa ni Maxwell habang sinozoom in ang mga pictures. Ngayon ko lang din napansin ang pagpayat ni Trevor.

Hindi talaga ako nagkamali na si Maxwell ang nilapitan ko. On the Motisi's team, Maxwell is one in-charge with analysis. He's attention to little things and logic made him this intelligent and out of this world.