Silver and Gold

In the last one shot, these two went on their first date! And after that date, they spent the night together. I left it to imagination as I wanted to write the scene. This is it!

It's a softer, fluffy take on smut. It is not explicit or graphic in detail like I typically write it. I focused on Jake's emotions and what he thinks and feels during it. I got a bit poetic with it, but I really like how it came out!

Wattpads guidelines say explicit sexual content should be marked mature. As this is not explicit, descriptive or detailed, I haven't marked it as mature. If you feel that is wrong, please leave me a comment and I'll change the overall rating.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"'Cause it was trapped
Trapped between two lungs
It was trapped between two lungs

Gone are the days of begging
The days of theft
No more gasping for a breath
The air has filled me head to toe
And I can see the ground far below
I have this breath and I hold it tight
And I keep it in my chest with all my might
I pray to God this breath will last
As it pushes past my lips
As I
Gasp, gasp"

Between Two Lungs - Florence + The Machine
******

Jake

He never saw the end of the movie. Finally relaxed and settled in his own skin, they'd camped on her old, worn couch and watched some 80s horror movie. But she was very distracting. She was a warm weight pressed against his side, her head on his shoulder and hand curled into his shirt, twisting and clenching during tense or dire moments. When she looked up to gauge his reaction, his face heating as she caught him staring, he didn't question the urge and kissed her before he could second guess it. Her little hum of contentment made him smile into it. Something akin to anticipation was heavy on her tongue as she surged up and pressed closer, her hands glided through his hair.

This kiss was different. He could sense it like a current in the air, thrumming quietly under the beat of his heart. It was leading somewhere, and he was very aware of it as a tingling sensation trickled down his spine, and he was warm all over like he'd been dipped into a hot bath. Soft breaths were shared between two lungs; the air she gave him was sweeter than any honey. Lust and passion were two different things, and he understood why now. Lust was a flimsy, impermanent, and hard-to-control thing. What was left once the lust burned away? But passion was felt to the marrow. It was a want, no, a need to love and give love in return, to feel and declare that love without words. Lust you could walk away from. But he could never walk away from this, from her.

She parted from his lips with a breathless little murmur and looked at him through hooded eyes, trust flashing in their depths as she said, "We can just go to bed, Jake. Say the words, and we'll go to sleep."

His chest was tight, and the nerves he thought would be present were decidedly quiet, allowing him to choose for himself for a change. He shook his head, "No, I don't want to sleep."

He didn't see her grin, but he tasted it briefly as she kissed him once and got to her feet, hand held out for him to take. Sliding his hand into hers, Jake rose to his feet and let her lead the way to her bedroom. His racing heartbeat set the pace of their feet like the heavy drumming of rain beating on a window, and he thought it would deafen him if it kept going. In her room, he shut the door behind him and watched as she backed away smiling, her fingers trailing out of his to fall at her side. The dark of the room eased him enough to stride to her, lift his hands, and rest them atop her shoulders. He turned her around and gathered her hair in hand, smoothing it over her shoulder so it wouldn't get caught in her zipper. A tremor ran through his hands as he slowly, painstakingly drew that zipper down, the sound almost violent in the silent room, and trailed a line down her bared spine with the tip of his finger to make her shiver as the dress slithered down her arms to pool at her feet.