Chapter 23

A/N HEY EVERYONE I AM SO SO SO SORRY I TOOK SO LONG TO UPDATE. I HAD WRITERS BLOCK BECAUSE I SIMPLY COULDN'T WRITE THIS CHAPTER. IT WAS A DIFFICULT ONE TO WRITE. I JUST KEPT GOING AWAY FROM IT AND NOT WANTING TO BE IN IT AT ALL. ANYWAY WHILE YOU READ THIS PLEASE LISTEN TO 'NEVER SAY NEVER' BY THE FRAY AS THIS CHAPTER WAS INSPIRED BY IT AND IT MIGHT HELP. HOPE YOU ENJOY IT. ALL THE LOVE M XXX

Their first concert of their On The Road Again tour was a success. A sold out stadium which easily hosted 71,000 screaming fans. Louis rushed off stage before the others. Adrenaline still coursed through his veins, his ears ringing from all the screaming and the loud music. He felt satisfied though because they had done an amazing job and pleased the crowd. As always!

He hurried to the VIP lounge they were using as their multi purpose room: wardrobe, hair and make up. The other VIP lounge, the one they had been in yesterday, they were using for chilling in and relaxing. Louis needed to get there before the others, he needed a few minutes to bring himself down from the high he always got from performing to their lovely, awesome fans. They never failed to amaze and the support they always got from them was incredible. He loved performing for them and he really put his heart and soul into every show, only, tonight his heart and mind where somewhere else.

He pushed open the door to VIP lounge number 2 and breathed a sigh of relief thankful of the silence of the room. He walked over to the couch and plopped down on it, picking up his phone where he had left it on the small table before the show. 25 texts from Harry and 6 missed calls also from Harry, not counting yesterday's missed calls and texts. Louis sighed, ignoring once again the texts and calls.

'So you do check your phone?' Harry's voice startled him. Louis looked up and saw Harry standing just inside the door. He hadn't heard him come in. Louis kept his eyes on him for a few seconds. Harry was dressed all in black, his hair up in a bun and he looked sweaty and tired but most of all he looked sad. Louis pushed his sweaty fringe to the side out of his eyes nervously.

'Yeah I was gonna...'

'Reply after ignoring me all day yesterday and today?' Harry asked him in a low voice. He walked over to him and sat on the couch beside him, not too close. He could hear his pulse beating in his ears, or maybe it was the echo of the loud music. He couldn't be sure but what he was sure of was that his heart was not racing from just being on stage but from all the emotions Louis had been making him feel for the past two days. Never in almost 5 years have they gone by two whole days without talking or texting or being in contact with each other in some way even if it was arguing and yelling at each other. This was a first.

Louis looked him straight in the eyes and Harry couldn't help the chill that ran over his skin. Louis' blue eyes were cold, emotionless. 'I was busy,' he told him flatly, looking down at his phone. Harry winced inwardly. That hurt.

'Busy with Eleanor?' he asked him quietly. Louis shrugged, not looking up at Harry.

'Something like that,' he replied casually. Harry took in a deep breath.

'Louis what's wrong with you? Why is she in your suite? Did I do something wrong?' His voice was pleading. Louis swallowed but said nothing. Harry turned in his seat to face Louis, his knees brushing the side of Louis' thigh. He felt the urgent need to grab his shoulders and shake him just to get a reaction out of him, any reaction even if he yelled and cursed. He needed a reaction out of Louis, he wanted him to not ignore him any longer. 'What happened since yesterday Lou? We were okay yesterday now...its...it's like you don't know me. Baby please...' Harry begged him. Harry kept his eyes on Louis but Louis did not look at him. He kept looking at his damn phone and Harry just wanted to grab it from his hands and fling it across the room. That would get a reaction out of him!