Chapter 1

It felt like she was falling, or drowning. Kairi felt cold but couldn't seem to open her eyes. 'Where am I? What happened... something went wrong.' She began hearing a voice around her.

"I've been having these weird thoughts lately..."

"Like is any of this for real or not?"

'Sora?' It was like he was right there speaking but she couldn't reach him. She tried so hard to open her eyes just to see where the voice was coming from. Only for her descend to become slower.

'Huh?' Finally, being able to open her eyes Kairi looked around only to see an empty dark void. She felt her feet touch what felt like solid ground before taking a step forward.

A blinding light comes from her last step before what looks to be a heart plate reveals itself in front of her.

'What? What is this place?' She thought before yelling out. "Sora! Namine! Roxas! Where are you? Anybody?" sighing when she had no answer she looked closer at the heart plate seeing her in the Sora, Riku, and Namine in little circles around her. 'Is this mine?'

"So much to do, so little time... Take your time. Don't be afraid. The door is still shut. Now, step forward. Can you, do it?"

Startled by the voice Kairi asked "W-Who said that?" Looking around frantically.

"Power sleeps within you......Power that will need time to awake... It will give you the strength you need... Choose well."

As if on command parts of her memories flowed around her with three stopping in front of her.

'What is this?' she approached each one. One of her hugging Sora when he was a heartless before showing another memory of her reaching out to Riku not letting him leave. 'These memories...' the voice spoke before she could pounder on them.

"The power of the guardian... An act to protect and the kindness to aid a friend... is this the power you wish to seek?"

She shakes her head to snap out of her train of thought. 'Okay this is weird...' She walks over to another which shows a memory of when Namine helped her escape the organization shifting to another memory of her using magic in her fight alongside Sora.

"The power of the mystic... Inner strength... is this the power you wish to seek?"

Thinking for a moment before looking to the last memory before she makes her choice. The memory was her fight alongside Axel when facing Xemnas and Saix. Before shifting to when she charged in to fight Xehanort when she was asleep.

"The power of the warrior... Invincible courage... is this the power you wish to seek?"

Kairi took a moment to look at each of her memories and think about what the voice said. Before deciding to choose the mystic. She didn't feel as confident in the others as much until she heard the voice speak again.

"Your path is set... Now, what will you give up in exchange?"

'Give up?' she began to slightly pace back and forth thinking about it she knows she's grown in her combat ability but still wasn't confident in it but to be able defend people... She decided to give up the power of courage.

"You give up this power?"

The voice asked before Kairi said "Yes."

"You've chosen the power of the mystic... You've given up the power of the warrior. Is this the form you choose?"

Destiny Embracedजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें