After saying that, her expression was as cold as ice. She turned around and continued walking forward. At that time, she was Mrs. Wei, representing the Wei family and Wei Zhou. If it wasn't for these considerations, how could she have swallowed her anger? Moreover, she wasn't a person who was at the mercy of others. Otherwise, she wouldn't have been able to establish such a business empire at such a young age.

But now that she thought about it, she felt that it was very ridiculous. She recalled how stupid and laughable she was at that time. In the face of other people's bullying, she actually chose to remain silent and endure it.

She originally thought that doing so would be able to move Wei Zhou one day, but in the end...

She recalled the night of the birthday banquet. When she appeared in front of the man with her clothes dyed red and her body covered in cake-cream, the man only glanced at her coldly. Other than that, he didn't respond at all. He didn't even say a word of concern.

When she thought of this matter, Su Yan felt an inexplicable sense of anguish in her heart. At that time, Wei Zhou was really cold-blooded and heartless!

After listening to her, Wei Zhou frowned. He didn't expect that the things that happened that night were all done by Wei Shani and Zhao Lili. He remembered very clearly that at that time, he and Su Yan had only been married for less than half a year. It happened to be Old Master Zhao's birthday. He and Lan Jian grew up together, and it was Fan Yumei who asked Lan Jian to send him an invitation..

Chapter 186: Inexplicable HeartacheTranslator: Nyoi-Bo Studio Editor: Nyoi-Bo Studio

At first, he didn't plan to bring Su Yan. It was Wei Shani who suggested that he and Su Yan should attend such an important event together since they were newlyweds. That was why he brought Su Yan along.

However, at that time, he had always misunderstood Su Yan, so every time he saw her, he would feel disgusted. At that time, Wei Shani had always looked down on Su Yan, but she always spoke up for Su Yan in front of him. Now that he thought about it, he felt that Wei Shani was even more of a scheming b*tch.

At the birthday banquet that day, although they went together, he kept a distance from Su Yan throughout the entire process. Halfway through the banquet, there was a commotion. It was Lan Jian who forcefully dragged him to watch. Then, he saw Su Yan standing there covered in cake and cream.

At that time, everyone was laughing at her, and Lan Jian was also laughing at her. Lan Jian was laughing at her for actually using such a clumsy method to try to attract Wei Zhou's attention. As Wei Zhou stood in the distance, he saw Su Yan walking toward him step by step, and his expression instantly darkened. He felt as if those people weren't laughing at Su Yan, but at him.

In fact, Su Yan's expression was very ugly at that time. She was in an extremely sorry state as she walked up to him and said, "Wei Zhou, I'm not feeling well."

Wei Zhou clearly remembered that when she said these words, her face was a little pale. She was like a child who had been bullied. However, when he heard those words, not only did it not cause him the slightest bit of sympathy and heartache, but instead, it made him feel even more annoyed. He only gave her a cold glance and left.

Now that he knew the true situation of that day, he finally understood Su Yan's feelings at that time. That night, she had experienced so much and suffered so much. How sad must she have felt at that time?