Watching this spectacle Sasuke jumped on top of the arena's walls. Forming intricate hand signs in a specific order he released an enormous amount of chakra. His hand seemed to almost turn to lightning as the crackles of lighting screeched through the arena like the sound of one thousand birds.

A sinister grin formed on his face as more chakra flowed into his hand. Naruto watched from above knowing what this was. The chidori, Kakashi sensei's signature jutsu. It annoyed him that Sasuke was still being prioritised, however it was fascinating to him. Naruto couldn't use elemental techniques yet, he didn't even know his affinity. Yet Sasuke was now displaying a second chakra nature. He wasn't referred to as a genius for no reason.

The lightning continued to crackle, the sound silencing the entire arena and then he was moving. Sasuke bolted down the wall, ripping the pure concrete to shreds. His speed reached its maximum as he touched the found. Charging forwards he entered the range of Gaara's defence but the sand couldn't react to this speed. The only barrier that was left was the sphere of sand covering Gaara.

Thrusting his hand forward Sasuke's jutsu penetrated through the sand almost as if it wasn't there. Silence hung in the arena once again as Sasuke stood shoulder submerged into the sand.

A bloodcurdling scream suddenly echoed through the arena. "My blood!" a voice in pure agony erupted from Gaara's throat as the sand sphere began to crumble.

Sasuke's breaths were ragged as he stood, eyeing Gaara with a mixture of determination and wariness. His chest rose and fell with the adrenaline coursing through his veins. Every fibre of his being screamed that this fight was far from over. The earlier scream from Gaara had unleashed a beastly transformation, turning him into a grotesque hybrid of human and demon, half-shrouded in shifting sand.

The sun bathed them in an eerie glow, intensifying the contrast between Sasuke's raven hair and Gaara's monstrous form. The Uchiha's Sharingan blazed to life, casting an ominous, crimson aura that cut through the darkness. Even Gaara, in his feral state, couldn't ignore the potent fighting spirit emanating from Sasuke's eyes.

But amidst the tense showdown between the two competitors, a sudden, otherworldly phenomenon unfolded. Feathers, as radiant as stardust, began to descend from the heavens, their shimmering descent capturing the audience's attention. Gasps filled the stadium as spectators fell unconscious, ensnared by a mysterious genjutsu, a technique designed to lull victims into a deep slumber.

Among those affected, Naruto fought to maintain his consciousness. His determination flared like a beacon, and he realised he was trapped in the web of an illusion. Clenching his fists, he forced himself to focus, halting the chakra's flow within his body. With an explosive surge of chakra, he purged the intrusive genjutsu from his system. But as he scanned the arena, he saw the dire situation unfolding.

An army of hostile sand ninja loomed, and his genin comrades lay unconscious, vulnerable. Desperation gripped his heart. Naruto couldn't help but admire Kakashi, who seemed to move with graceful lethality, incapacitating his foes with precision. A single attacker dared to threaten Kakashi, only to meet a swift and brutal end, his face bearing the evidence of the jounin's merciless efficiency.

"Stay sharp, Naruto," Kakashi's voice cut through the chaos, a solemn reminder of the harsh realities they faced. "I know this is hard for you, but as a shinobi, we sometimes have to make these choices to protect the Leaf and its people."

Naruto's trembling hands betrayed his fear and hesitation. Could he truly take another human's life? He took slow, deep breaths, mentally preparing himself for the grim task at hand. He needed to suppress his emotions, even if only temporarily. It was a bleak path he had chosen, one that echoed the path of the Anbu, where emotions were sacrificed in the name of duty.