Mr. Perfectly Fine

did I make an oc to be Dinos' ex? Yes, is he in this? No

----

"You have a guitar?!"

Lychee was inches from Dinosour's face, the Cookie leaned back against his elbows to distance himself from the Dragon. Lychee only leaned forward further, clearly excited, tail thumping against his leg.

"I- Yes? Could you back up please,"

Lychee blinked twice before backing away, refusing to break eye contact as Dinosour leaned up again, holding his guitar's case against his chest. Lychee was still far closer than he would have preferred. But out of everything the Dragon knew, personal space wasn't one of them. Dinosour shuffled to his knees, then up to his feet. Neither spoke for a moment before Dinosour coughed.

"Do you want to hear a song?"

Lychee's smile could have lit up at least one lightbulb as they leaned forward again, Dinosour leaned back on his feet. He would have fallen over if Lychee wasn't pulled back from him by Lotus. 

"I heard enough of that conversation, and I do believe Lychee's answer to your request is yes,"

"You know I- I gathered that much- let me uh, find a song,"

...

At some point while Dinosour was looking up chords to the song he had chosen, Pitaya had shown up and helpfully put a log stump down for Dinosour to sit down on. He chose to not think about where they could have possibly gotten one.

D

A

Bm

G

/Mr. "Perfect face"

Mr. "Here to stay"

Mr. "Looked me in the eye and told me you would never go away"

Everything was right

Mr. "I've been waitin' for you all my life"

Mr. "Every single day until the end, I will be by your side"/

He could hear Longan somewhere behind him, Lychee was helpfully explaining the situation in the worse way possible. 

"Do you know what this.... 'song' is called?"

Pitaya laughed heartily at that, he glanced to his side to see them grinning wide.

"Not a ssingle idea! He'ss a good ssinger, though!"

"That remains' to be seen,"

Dinosour rolled his eyes and shifted on the stump, picking up the song from where he left it off.

/But that was when I got to know Mr. "Change of heart"

Mr. "Leaves me all alone," I fall apart

It takes everything in me just to get up each day

But it's wonderful to see that you're okay/

He paused again to scroll down the website, looking over the cords as he heard another dragon landing- Leaving him surrounded on all sides. Which would be a terrifying prospect about a week ago.

Things change fast.

/Hello, Mr. "Perfectly fine"

How's your heart after breakin' mine?

Mr. "Always at the right place at the right time," baby

Hello, Mr. "Casually cruel"

Mr. "Everything revolves around you"

I've been Miss-ter Misery since your goodbye

And you're Mr. "Perfectly fine"/

A new rustle, Dinosour paused again to look up, Snapdragon and Pond Dino came tumbling out of a bush. Hydrangea came following a moment after, looking frazzled.

"Apologies- Snapdragon flew out the window with Pond Dino-"

"It's no worries, come here Pondy- Pitaya grab Snapdragon,"

"Don't have to tell me twice,"

Dinosour could hear Longan breath sharply through their nose, he couldn't help the small chuckle that slipped out of him. Only to be hit in the head with one of Longan's floating eyes.

"Don't laugh, Cookie,"

/Mr. "Never told me why"

Mr. "Never had to see me cry"

Mr. "Insincere apology so he doesn't look like the bad guy"

He goes about his day

Forgets he ever even heard my name

Well, I thought you might be different than the rest, I guess you're all the same/

"Hey, Nana' haven't you heard him sing before?"

"I walked onto him singing, yes,"

"What was that song?"

"... Blue-one, what was the song?"

"Um... Would you be so kind? I think anyways,"

/'Cause I hear he's got his arm 'round a brand-new girl

I've been pickin' up my heart, he's been pickin' up her

And I never got past what you put me through

But it's wonderful to see that it never phased you/

"Man, if this song and that one are any indication, your love life is fucked up,"

"... That's, not an incorrect assumption,"

He turned his head to look behind him, Ananas had their arm crossed, shooting him a glare when they caught him looking. A pebble hit his forehead as they flicked their hand. Longan said something about them being immature, to which Ananas flipped them off.

The song was forgotten, in lieu of Lychee insisting he play nursery rhymes in order to calm down the Hatchlings. They liked Row-You-Boat, as it turned out.