5. Are you trying to die?

Claude's perspective

Claude clenched his jaws as he stared at the twins sleeping on his bed.

He disliked those pests. He hated how brightly they smiled at him. He hated every second they were alive in front of him.

I'll kill them today.

Today became "I'll do it the next day", and continued on and on.

And Claude didn't understand what was wrong with him.

He knows without much effort he was able to kill these pests. He knows one word and these two would stop annoying him.

Yet why?

Why does he feel drawn towards the twin? Why does he ache to see them every day? Why does it ache to see their bright smile calling him?

He knows he hates them.

They know he hates them as well.

But why? Why does it hurt knowing that these two pests understand how much he dislikes them?

Why does he feel itchy and uncomfortable when his son calls him "mister."

His fist clenched tightly as he sent a glare towards the magician.

"Why are they not waking up? Do everything you can to heal them."

"We have tried everything, Your Majesty. We..."

"Do you wish to die?"

The wizards were on their knees trembling as Claude released his anger.

"Y-Your Majesty! The prince is awake!"

Claude's eyes moved towards his son as he saw the boy blink a couple of times trying to clear the haze in his eyes.

"Prince, can you see me? Do you know who I am?"

Aziel stared towards Felix for a while–slowly turning towards him as he did the same thing.

"Does it hurt?"

Felix asked as Aziel only stared. As if moving or talking was too painful for him.

However, before Claude or Felix could say anything, a loud cry was heard from beside Aziel.

"Wahhh... wahhhhhhh"

"P-Princess!"

"Wahhhhh, it hurts wahhhhh"

Athanasia, who had awoken, started crying as something stung Claude.

"What should we do, your majesty?"

"What do you think you're doing? I told you to heal her."

The wizard who was already kneeling flinched as Claude's voice grew older.