2. Caring Father? Such Bullshit

Third perspective

Third perspective.

The room filled with silence as nobody tried to initiate conversation. Though all four of them kept quiet, each one had their own reason.

Aziel was sleepy–nor did he want to communicate to amuse the man in front of him.

Athanasia was sweating profusely as her gaze kept flickering to her father and then to the floor–afraid of the gaze that might just kill her and her twin.

Claude was.. Well, Claude.

While Felix looked at the twins in worry–afraid something might happen due to his Majesty's well-known behaviour.

"I hadn't heard you two were mute."

Claude began–lifting his cup gently as Athanasia let out a hiccup from his words.

"It's no fun because you're too quiet."

I thought it would be fun but it's not, so now I'll kill you. Is that what he was trying to say?

Athanasia couldn't help but wonder as her body trembled lightly.

"A-Athy and Az can talk."

Athanasia spoke–knowing well that her twin would not say a word. After all, he only spoke when he needed to.

While Athansia gave out a bright smile to Claude, Aziel tilted his head-sideway not fully understanding the situation.

What am I? Your entertainment?

He grumbled inwardly–not letting a single sound, annoyed that his nap time was disturbed.

"Finally, I get to hear your voice. Why did you stay silent until now?"

Athanasia paled at the question, while Aziel avoided the gaze of the man who was waiting for him to talk as well.

Maybe it was because he was sleepy–or maybe he didn't care anymore. The threatening aura of the man in front of him didn't scare him the slightest.

So he stayed quiet.

After all, he was not the one who followed rules or orders.

"Pardon me, Your Majesty. But Little children around the prince and princesses' age are known to be shy."

"Is that so?"

Y, Yeah! You jerk! Kids can be a bit shy! Even grown-ups would fall silent in front of you!

Athanasia screamed in her head as Aziel looked even more confused.

Huh? I don't remember my children being shy.

Aziel tried to remember moments when Ohn, Hong or Raon was shy according to Felix. Yet except for times when he teased his children–his children were vicious.